You are not logged in. Please register or login.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

Re: GNR.FM | Destruction Is Coming

FlashFlood wrote:

The Plague???

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

The Plague???

Working title for Nightcrawler?!? 18

I've always wanted to hear this song and I don't think that instrumental leak 12 years ago was real.

James

James wrote:

It just hit me......

What in the living hell are the B sides?!?! 18 As great as GNR were, they were not known for padding their singles with actual B sides. The B sides were usually redundant or simply another album track or even single.

Yeah there's that killer KOHD and of course It's So Easy live from the Marquee but the B side well gets bone dry after that. Without digging, does anyone remember the others? Was Whole Lotta Rosie a B side?

My memory is shot.

edit

I just looked through our singles section in the discog. Yikes.  Basically the meat and potatoes of old GNR's b side collection is all contained on this one EP....

http://www.gnrevolution.com/disc.php?id=4234

Promo EP: Live In The Jungle (1988)

1. It's So Easy
    2. Shadow of Your Love
    3. Move To The City
    4. Knockin' On Heaven's Door
    5. Whole Lotta Rosie
    6. Sweet Child O Mine

Not that I'm complaining. I'll crank that set all night.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Shadow of Your Love was b-side of the Live & Let Die single

James

James wrote:

Yeah I remember that one. The UYI B sides were a mild improvement over the AFD-Lies era. I never understood why they never went all out with singles. I suppose they didn't really need them. Almost every GNR song was a monster single and would sell no matter what was on it.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

Interesting times. I'm only interested in the new songs and the remaster so hopefully they offer something that tailors to that fan.

Looks a nice package indeed. Some much needed love and attention has gone into this one and it's well overdue that GN'Rs back catalogue gets this treatment. Use Your Illusion is rife for it. Hoping we may get a surprise or 2 in the shape of a new song or 2 but won't get my hopes up on that. GN'R was a band that peaked creatively and prolifically for a short period, then ran on the fumes of that period their whole career.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Demos and Rare shit that I can remember:

Cornshucker
Crash Diet
Shadow of Your Love
Aint Going Down
Jumping Jack Flash
Heartbreak Hotel
Bring It Back Home
Just Another Sunday
Sentimental Movie
Too Much Too Soon
Too Fast To Live
It Taste's Good Don't It
Did you No wrong

I figure a couple of versions of those (some of them had accoustic/electric versions), along with the Lies songs without the audience, along with 2-3 versions of the actual AFD songs, along with potentially a hollywoood rose songs like "Rocker" or "Killing Time", or live club versions of any of that stuff and you can get to these kinda unreleased song numbers pretty easily. That's my guess.

James

James wrote:

Use Your Illusion is rife for it.

Indeed it is.

Remaster

the rough mixes Slash claimed shits all over the album(s)

demos

the six TSI songs with Izzy recorded during UYI sessions (New Rose, IDCAY, DOTF, Black Leather, Attitude, Aint It Fun)

Hell....they could roll out a killer TSI.  There's two tracks we never heard....Beer and A Cigarette and Down on the Street.

I'm so glad they're doing this. All I ever wanted was released music....ANY era. Their vault has been ignored for too long.

James

James wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Demos and Rare shit that I can remember:

Cornshucker
Crash Diet
Shadow of Your Love
Aint Going Down
Jumping Jack Flash
Heartbreak Hotel
Bring It Back Home
Just Another Sunday
Sentimental Movie
Too Much Too Soon
Too Fast To Live
It Taste's Good Don't It
Did you No wrong

I figure a couple of versions of those (some of them had accoustic/electric versions), along with the Lies songs without the audience, along with 2-3 versions of the actual AFD songs, along with potentially a hollywoood rose songs like "Rocker" or "Killing Time", or live club versions of any of that stuff and you can get to these kinda unreleased song numbers pretty easily. That's my guess.

I just remembered something from magazines back then. Slash mentioned acoustic versions of Brownstone, It's So Easy, etc. The real question is was it real or a made up interview? 14

I hope they leave off Hollywood Rose stuff. Its not really necessary IMO although a casual fan might enjoy such an unknown treat.

Releases like this are aimed at hardcores more than they are casual fans which is one reason I'm hyped for this.

you can get to these kinda unreleased song numbers pretty easily.

Absolutely. Happened with the Soundgarden box sets.  Four cds of music for Superunknown box set? It was incredible. Had we heard most of it before? Yes.....BUT....it had gems that fans didn't even know existed. That gritty Superunknown demo, Matt singing lead on Fresh Tendrils, the Kyle Petty HQ instrumental, those killer rehearsals with Ben's bass high in the mix.

We're in for a treat.

Sentimental Movie

This is a contender for worst song in the discography.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

What’s special about a remastering anyway? I can’t really tell a difference.

Board footer