You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: Current Events Thread

bigbri wrote:

“Children are being brought here by coyotes!”

This is gonna be the line that is remembered. WTF is Trump taking about. He lives in a different world.

Their parents use coyotes. One report said 30% of children were being used by non-relatives to gain access.  If the 525 parents aren’t found, it’s because they don’t want to be. Any police station, any consulate, any government official would be able to put the parent in contact with ICE to recover their child. If your kid was in Canada, would you stop trying to reach the Canadian government to get your kid?

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
bigbri wrote:

“Children are being brought here by coyotes!”

This is gonna be the line that is remembered. WTF is Trump taking about. He lives in a different world.

Their parents use coyotes. One report said 30% of children were being used by non-relatives to gain access.  If the 525 parents aren’t found, it’s because they don’t want to be. Any police station, any consulate, any government official would be able to put the parent in contact with ICE to recover their child. If your kid was in Canada, would you stop trying to reach the Canadian government to get your kid?

He lost me, clearly. And I think that probably went over the heads of most people watching.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

Is it over yet?

Randall Flagg

I can’t call a winner or a loser. We’ll see if Trump fucks up in the last 5.

bigbri

bigbri wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I can’t call a winner or a loser. We’ll see if Trump fucks up in the last 5.

This is probably one of the most even debates I’ve ever seen. Both had high points. Both had bad patches.

bigbri

bigbri wrote:

I’ll give Trump credit. He did not melt down.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

Another debate that didn’t matter....yawn

Randall Flagg

She was an excellent moderator

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

She was an excellent moderator

She really was.  Didn't let either get out of control and surprisingly....Trump complimented her.

bigbri wrote:

The immigration segment was a disaster for Trump.

So was the race segment.

He's really gotta drop the Abraham Lincoln thing. No matter how many times he says it, eyes are going to roll.

Anyone notice his attempt at the "There you go again..." Reagan zinger? It fell flat because he's not a good speaker and can't properly get his points across.

Good debate but it didn't move the needle one iota

bigbri

bigbri wrote:

It wasn’t a game-changer, but considering expectations were as low as can be for him, does Trump get a bump?

Or, on the other hand, considering we keep hearing Biden can’t put together a complete sentence or has no stamina, does he get credit for doing three live events fairly easily?

Or is it just too late and have too many people voted already for it to make a difference?

Board footer