You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: Current Events Thread

Wow, I think it's right, or at least not intentionally misleading.  At least NBC says it is:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-e … in-results

If you filter the absentee ballots to returned, it has the information from Targetsmart.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

You know, I don't know what some people will do without Trump. He's become just as big a part of anti-Trump people's identity as he has for Maga's. This goes for the media, too. I don't think it's going to be a relief when he's gone, I think there's going to be a kind of depression. I think some folks have gone so far with their extremism, or how it's affected them mentally, a lot of behavior that was blamed on Trump will continue. For politics, too. Some will no doubt misconstrue that anti Trump means Pro their political party and will lead to more extremism.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Wow, I think it's right, or at least not intentionally misleading.  At least NBC says it is:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-e … in-results

If you filter the absentee ballots to returned, it has the information from Targetsmart.

That NBC tracker is pretty interesting, diving into the early vote returns for the battleground states. Looks like it will really come down to these undecided blocks - the picture doesn't look as bleak for Don in many of these states as polls suggest when comparing the registered party returns - but those undecided blocks in many states are sizeable.

Doesn't look like there are going to be many (if any) states flipped for Don, it's all about retention for him.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

You know, I don't know what some people will do without Trump. He's become just as big a part of anti-Trump people's identity as he has for Maga's. This goes for the media, too. I don't think it's going to be a relief when he's gone, I think there's going to be a kind of depression.

I've been saying this for 4 years. Trump isn't part of our culture....he IS our culture. The haters are more obsessed than the lovers.

When he's finally gone, millions of people will be walking around like a crack addict who lost their crack pipe. I can't even imagine the media's handling of a post-Trump world.

Is it even possible to go back to something resembling normalcy?

I'm not sure the country is ready to give up the addiction just yet.

misterID wrote:

How media outlets are trying to "fact check" the fact Biden referred to Trump as George is just pathetic. They are really trying to say he was talking about George Lopez... Does four more years of George Lopez make sense to you?

I don't buy this either.

We already know he thinks his wife is his sister half the time.... thinks he's running for senate half the time....so is it really shocking he would believe he's running against Bush until someone spoke up in his earpiece?

mitchejw wrote:

I wonder if Obama feels the same way...

I'm sure the two of them had a few heated discussions. I would've loved to have been a fly on that wall.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
James wrote:
misterID wrote:

You know, I don't know what some people will do without Trump. He's become just as big a part of anti-Trump people's identity as he has for Maga's. This goes for the media, too. I don't think it's going to be a relief when he's gone, I think there's going to be a kind of depression.

I've been saying this for 4 years. Trump isn't part of our culture....he IS our culture. The haters are more obsessed than the lovers.

When he's finally gone, millions of people will be walking around like a crack addict who lost their crack pipe. I can't even imagine the media's handling of a post-Trump world.

When you say he IS our culture...can you elaborate?

I agree that he is the worst our culture has to offer...like a Kardhashian...

I want to understand better what you mean by our culture. You mean a failure? A bullshitter? A tax cheat?

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

It's time for Trump to explore ways of getting around losing the popular vote and electoral college vote...

misterID

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
James wrote:
misterID wrote:

When you say he IS our culture...can you elaborate?

I agree that he is the worst our culture has to offer...like a Kardhashian...

I want to understand better what you mean by our culture. You mean a failure? A bullshitter? A tax cheat?

He's going to be your ghost. Even when he's gone you'll still see him everywhere. He'll still be on the news, talked about.  He'll still be blamed for everything. He'll be used to justify Biden's bullshit. Y'all aren't going to be able to let him go. And "resisters" will just project their anger and hate on the next Republican candidate who'll be the new Nazi tyrant who wants to take away your rights and eat your puppies.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Been saying this for a while:

Trump at his rally in Allentown, PA: "By the way, nice trucks. You think I could hop into one of them and drive it away? I'd love to do it. Just drive the hell outta here. Just get the hell out of this. I had such a good life. My life was great."

misterID

misterID wrote:

Like every authoritarian dictator says when they reach power. "Get me the hell out of this!"

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Holy shit it is going down on Tucker. FUCK.

Board footer