You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: Current Events Thread

slcpunk wrote:
misterID wrote:

It doesn't matter, doesn't change anything. Hillary advised Biden not concede no matter what, also.

The lengths you guys go to poo-poo this authoritarian and anti democratic behavior is difficult to fathom. It's one thing to be a weak man and say nothing while this shit unfolds, it's another entirely to make excuses for it via false equivalency and whataboutism.

I've gotta say, this post like many others you've made over the last few days, are truly pathetic.

How can you say this?  I'm genuine in my question and want your honest perspective.  No one here save SG has ever spoken positively about Trump as a man.  Nearly every single one of us have condemned his conduct and personal behavior.  But Authoritarian?!?  C'mon man.  He's a lot of things, but calling this anti-democratic and authoritarian is hyperbole.  Election laws weren't followed to the letter of the law.  You're free to believe leniency was warranted and appropriate where it occurred, but no one can objectively deny that many of the battleground states took actions to count ballots that traditionally weren't counted.  Again, you're free to support those measures or dislike them based on your personal opinion.  But there's no denying they happened, and in states like PA, absolutely have an impact on the final count. 

I think I was the first one here to call on him to concede.  But he has every right to contest the decisions of elected partisans in the courts.  I don't think he'll win.  I think it looks poorly for as much as Trump can look poorly.  But it's not anti-democratic behavior.  It was done by Gore and countless Democrats since.  It was done and is still ongoing by Stacy Abrams who the networks have decided has a newsworthy opinion on any of this. 

After the actions taken by the Democratic party to call him illegitimate from day one of 2017?  For people including yourself to repeatedly accuse him of treason based of a now debunked and discredited Steele dossier purchased and pushed by the Clinton campaign?  This isn't whataboutism.  This is about your expressed opinion completely ignoring modern events and ignoring the very real possibility illegal activity occurred that influenced the final count to an unknown (though probably insignificant) degree.   

Anti-democratic is accepting the media's conclusion without letting the defined system run its course.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
slcpunk wrote:
misterID wrote:

It doesn't matter, doesn't change anything. Hillary advised Biden not concede no matter what, also.

The lengths you guys go to poo-poo this authoritarian and anti democratic behavior is difficult to fathom. It's one thing to be a weak man and say nothing while this shit unfolds, it's another entirely to make excuses for it via false equivalency and whataboutism.

I've gotta say, this post like many others you've made over the last few days, are truly pathetic.

Lol, what's pathetic is this demented obsession you two have with him. You've built him up like he's this huge, powerful dictator, despite the fact he's been handed losses at every turn. Calling this man baby an Authoritarian is what's really pathetic. He hasn't "taken" away anything, he hasn't changed the results. "His" supreme court went against him, and it looks like they're going to save Obamacare. He hasn't taken away a single one of your rights. Didn't use the constitution as toilet papet. Didn't start a war. He lost and will leave office.

You can't even take the win, you want the boogeyman instead. And then you'll be afraid of the next nazi, tyrant, dictator that's going to destroy America, and I'm sure you'll really, really mean it next time.

misterID

misterID wrote:

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
slcpunk wrote:
misterID wrote:

Lol, what's pathetic is this demented obsession you two have with him. You've built him up like he's this huge, powerful dictator, despite the fact he's been handed losses at every turn. Calling this man baby an Authoritarian is what's really pathetic. He hasn't "taken" away anything, he hasn't changed the results. "His" supreme court went against him, and it looks like they're going to save Obamacare. He hasn't taken away a single one of your rights. Didn't use the constitution as toilet papet. Didn't start a war. He lost and will leave office.

You can't even take the win, you want the boogeyman instead. And then you'll be afraid of the next nazi, tyrant, dictator that's going to destroy America, and I'm sure you'll really, really mean it next time.

This is wrong...we don't want the boogey man...we just see him...

I'd hardly say he's lost at every turn. You'll spend the rest of your life seeing the justices Trump put on the court. You'll pay for his deficit for the rest of your life...you'll swoon over the good old days of Trumps deficit economy...

misterID

misterID wrote:

See, you love him, you need him, you won't let him go.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

See, you love him, you need him, you won't let him go.

that's a bridge too far...it really is...

I just don't have faith that Biden will really be president until December, I guess...

misterID

misterID wrote:

I swear, man, I'm getting hilarious memes from Republicans making fun of him who seem to be taking his loss a lot better than you guys are.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Anyone see Trump today? Yikes. He's a broken man.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

I swear, man, I'm getting hilarious memes from Republicans making fun of him.

Like I said earlier, his base is fracturing.

In a reddit thread, some guy was talking about how his family is hardcore Trumpers. He said after the election, all of them except his dad moved on with their lives as if Trumpism never happened.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I am glad we are getting transparency in Georgia and Arizona looks clean, though very tight. If there was "fraud" it is in Detroit, parts of Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania.

Board footer