You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: Current Events Thread

mitchejw wrote:
slashsfro wrote:
James wrote:

Some will call me crazy but whoever shot that woman deserves a medal. Our leaders were near that area and he wasn't allowing anyone to cross that line.

It delivered a much needed wake up call to those people. If he doesn't shoot her, it might have gotten even uglier real quick.

The guy telling all those people to break through the door is a coward. He did it from a safe distance. Someone should've caved his jaw in.

If this happens again I want all of them shot on sight.

No complaints here and you're not crazy.  If some cop is telling you to stand down and has a gun pointed at you and you STILL proceed to disobey the order, well if something bad happens to you, it's your own fucking fault.  There was a TMZ vid that came out today that showed her just ranting in her driving, she's a fucking loon.

These people are zombies at this point and not real bright.  These idiots go maskless or wear identifying info and makes it easier for them to get arrested or get fired from their jobs.  Good riddance I say. 

James wrote:

Trump threw him under the bus minutes before the storming of the Capitol began. People were yelling out for Pence to be lynched...and he was feet away from these people before being moved.

I totally forgot about this.  And this is one of the more fucked up things about yesterday.  You have him basically giving out an order to hunt down his own VP just because the guy wouldn't go against the Constitution and do (Trump's bidding).

The faster we get back to a "normal" governement the better. Our country can't function with this chaos.  And we look like a GIGANTIC fuckup on the world stage.  I know that doesn't matter as much to others but if you're supposed to the World's superpower and one that everyone looks up to, shit like this can't and shouldn't happen.

One would assume that if someone was going to challenge us in some capacity, there’d never be a better time than now.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Looks like they're seriously considering removing Trump for sedition. Interesting.

I want Cruz removed as well. Arrest Giuliani too... although he's a civilian so I'm not sure how they would proceed with that.

If we want to lower the chance of something like this or worse from happening again, have to go full scorched earth on these bastards. People have to relearn that there's consequences to your actions.

The faster we get back to a "normal" governement the better. Our country can't function with this chaos.  And we look like a GIGANTIC fuckup on the world stage.  I know that doesn't matter as much to others but if you're supposed to the World's superpower and one that everyone looks up to, shit like this can't and shouldn't happen.

I've been saying this for a long time. Keeping our country in a perpetual state of outrage and hyper-partisan trench warfare is going to lead to our collapse.

We got a taste of it yesterday.

Yes... normalcy is desperately needed. Across the board.

News needs to be tackled first.

Check this out....it's NBC Nightly News with Brokaw in the lead up to the Clinton-Dole election. Don't have to watch it all but notice the difference between that and the news of today.

24/7 news outlets also need to be reformed. No more sports entertainment outrage machines.

Cover the news.

Here's a CNN program in the 90s. To stick with the same theme, it's their coverage of the 96 election.

It's time to go back to that.

After we fix this, social media has to be tackled.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
James wrote:

Looks like they're seriously considering removing Trump for sedition. Interesting.

I want Cruz removed as well. Arrest Giuliani too... although he's a civilian so I'm not sure how they would proceed with that.

If we want to lower the chance of something like this or worse from happening again, have to go full scorched earth on these bastards. People have to relearn that there's consequences to your actions.

I've been saying this for a long time. Keeping our country in a perpetual state of outrage and hyper-partisan trench warfare is going to lead to our collapse.

We got a taste of it yesterday.

Yes... normalcy is desperately needed. Across the board.

News needs to be tackled first.

Check this out....it's NBC Nightly News with Brokaw in the lead up to the Clinton-Dole election. Don't have to watch it all but notice the difference between that and the news of today.

24/7 news outlets also need to be reformed. No more sports entertainment outrage machines.

Cover the news.

Here's a CNN program in the 90s. To stick with the same theme, it's their coverage of the 96 election.

I've always agreed with you that the news needs to 'go back' to the way it was...but it doesn't address why there's such a demand. There is an enormous demand for news the way it's presented right now. There's no denying that...how do you address that? Does government have to regulate media? If so...how much? and How?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
slashsfro wrote:
slcpunk wrote:
misterID wrote:

The fact he got as many votes as he did, especially with Hispanics and Blacks, shows how out of touch progressives are.

This is what you're talking about today? How "out of touch" progressives are? This is mind numbing in it's detachment from reality. We have a party who are full throttle against democracy, failing to uphold their oath to the COTUS who are still contesting the election after our president incited seditious acts and you're talking about liberals and how out of touch they are. JFC, get a grip.

That and blaming the Capitol police.  Yeah, they weren't good but it was nowhere near the main problem.  I'm watching CNN and they are replaying those speeches by Giuliani, Trump Jr. and Trump prior to the storming of the capital (ie calling those dipshits to arms).  But yeah go focus on the shoddy Capitol police.

Oh these lowlifes were taking stuff out of the Capitol building as well.  Some idiot was taking a podium, another one stole a laptop from a Senator and another one stole mail or something off Pelolsi's desk.

There's a lot of blame to go around. First and foremost, the blame goes squarely on the idiots who did this. Trump and his asshats take a close second, but these are adults. It's like they have a hole inside them and they fill it with extremism and anger and hatred. Whether they're Q or idiot 9/11 truthers, they're all the same, and they know better. And Trump knows what these weak people are capable of.

This does feel different. Even the people who were indifferent about Trump want him gone. He may have had a small chance to run and get the Republican nomination again, but that's done. His family is done. Right at the end when all he had to do was nothing and he blows it up.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
James wrote:

Cover the news.

I don't think we'll ever be able to put the toothpaste back in the tube.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

(Unrelated)

In the first news report video James posted earlier (had trouble quoting on my phone) my favorite segment is about how grocers are using your data. As someone who works for a predominant player in the, ahem, data industry, it’s quite humorous to see how this has been happening for decades.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

New Trump video

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Too little too late. Probably a deep fake video anyway because he's to out of his mind to recite such a script.

Guys an ass. #25thAmmendment

James

James wrote:
bigbri wrote:

New Trump video

[/embed]

WOW.

He was definitely told by more powerful and/or more badass people that his shit show is over.

He's just reading a teleprompter and all his false bravado is gone. He even had to condemn his own base.

This is Trump eating crow. It's not a bad speech but I'm not giving him credit because if he had any say whatsoever, it's an entirely different speech. It would've been rants about fake news, Antifa, congratulating the "patriots" who went there to "stop the steal" and more gaslighting and grifting.

It's over.

Can't wait to find out the behind the scenes story regarding what really happened. Probably won't hear about it until he's out of office.

It's going to be blue skies from here on out until he leaves. On his part anyways...his hardcore supporters on the other hand....

James

James wrote:

Now McEnany is doing it as well.

They've all been told....quite harshly I would imagine....that this dystopic reality show we've endured for five years has been cancelled.

Board footer