You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: Current Events Thread

FlashFlood wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

My opposition to Biden’s immigration policy has nothing to do with his pandering. I oppose them because they’re foolish, in violation of the law, and don’t help Americans or Central American nations. I can acknowledge their nations are shit holes, and America is kick ass, but allowing millions to illegally enter as they flee poverty doesn’t solve anything. Nor do we have an obligation to welcome illiterate, unskilled migrants.

But I’m sure you’ve thought this through and have a solution to integrate the population and not lower the wage for the communities you claim to champion. And do so without encouraging millions more to illegally enter with their hand out. You’re a better American than me, so I’m sure you’ll volunteer to serve in some capacity to help facilitate the safe indoctrination of millions.

I don’t care much to post here any more than I have, and maybe I missed your larger point about Central America, but you know Mexico is in North America, right?

The majority of illegal immigrants arrive from Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras - the northern triangle; not Mexico. Central America isn’t a continent, and is commonly known to encompass all Spanish speaking nations north of Brazil, including Mexico.

Was there something you wanted to discuss that I said?  Allowing millions to flee the destitute and corrupt nations of Central America to hide in the shadows of the US isn’t a policy worth arguing over in my opinion. And that’s what Biden’s and America’s policy has been the past 30 years. DACA itself will be ruled unconstitutional, and you have to ask if Democrats are willing to get their popular position on immigration through all of their political capital?  Immigration is why Trump won in 2016, and welcoming millions of people who don’t qualify for asylum to set up shop and perpetually cross unhindered will give the GOP Congress in 2022.

Our borders should be enforced as should our asylum laws. And current immigration law doesn’t allow for poverty as a qualifying condition. Something like 98% of asylum cases fail, so why allow them to enter unrestrained?

I’m not advocating mass deportation, and support a final solution to immigration. But we said we were going to solve immigration under Johnson. Then we were under Reagan. Now here we are almost 35 years later, and we need to do it again.

The policy of the US can’t be to admit anyone who wants to enter. And if it’s going to be, our laws should reflect that. If laws are bad, they should be changed, not ignored.

Sky Dog wrote:

Not sure how you can argue Flagg’s points....especially if you don’t live in the US.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Not sure how you can argue Flagg’s points....especially if you don’t live in the US.

oh i can easily...seeing as how it seems as though every administration has made their own rules for decades now...

the rule of 'law' based on grossly outdated immigration policy which i don't support...

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

My opposition to Biden’s immigration policy has nothing to do with his pandering. I oppose them because they’re foolish, in violation of the law, and don’t help Americans or Central American nations. I can acknowledge their nations are shit holes, and America is kick ass, but allowing millions to illegally enter as they flee poverty doesn’t solve anything. Nor do we have an obligation to welcome illiterate, unskilled migrants.

But I’m sure you’ve thought this through and have a solution to integrate the population and not lower the wage for the communities you claim to champion. And do so without encouraging millions more to illegally enter with their hand out. You’re a better American than me, so I’m sure you’ll volunteer to serve in some capacity to help facilitate the safe indoctrination of millions.

I don’t care much to post here any more than I have, and maybe I missed your larger point about Central America, but you know Mexico is in North America, right?

The majority of illegal immigrants arrive from Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras - the northern triangle; not Mexico. Central America isn’t a continent, and is commonly known to encompass all Spanish speaking nations north of Brazil, including Mexico.

Was there something you wanted to discuss that I said?  Allowing millions to flee the destitute and corrupt nations of Central America to hide in the shadows of the US isn’t a policy worth arguing over in my opinion. And that’s what Biden’s and America’s policy has been the past 30 years. DACA itself will be ruled unconstitutional, and you have to ask if Democrats are willing to get their popular position on immigration through all of their political capital?  Immigration is why Trump won in 2016, and welcoming millions of people who don’t qualify for asylum to set up shop and perpetually cross unhindered will give the GOP Congress in 2022.

Our borders should be enforced as should our asylum laws. And current immigration law doesn’t allow for poverty as a qualifying condition. Something like 98% of asylum cases fail, so why allow them to enter unrestrained?

I’m not advocating mass deportation, and support a final solution to immigration. But we said we were going to solve immigration under Johnson. Then we were under Reagan. Now here we are almost 35 years later, and we need to do it again.

The policy of the US can’t be to admit anyone who wants to enter. And if it’s going to be, our laws should reflect that. If laws are bad, they should be changed, not ignored.

Lumping Mexico with Central America is not something they teach in American geography. I’m not going to argue with you if you claim the majority of illegals are from Central American countries, but it seems you are lumping them together to prove a point.

Randall Flagg

FlashFlood wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

Lumping Mexico with Central America is not something they teach in American geography. I’m not going to argue with you if you claim the majority of illegals are from Central American countries, but it seems you are lumping them together to prove a point.

I never did that. I never mentioned Mexico. I said Central America. You said Mexico. I don’t know why, and now you appear confused, arguing over something I never said.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

If the problem is central america then we needed a wall down there....duh...

FlashFlood

FlashFlood wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

You specifically said right here minutes ago Central America...including Mexico.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I can acknowledge their nations are shit holes, and America is kick ass

lmao...

Randall Flagg

FlashFlood wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

You specifically said right here minutes ago Central America...including Mexico.

JHFC. I said Central America, specifically not to state illegal immigration is from Mexico. You said Mexico, and I informed you Mexico is part of Central America.

https://guides.ucf.edu/countries/centra … x-15193059

Mexico absolutely is part of Central America, I don’t know where you went to school. It’s in the center of the two American continents.

If you’d like to discuss anything I said about policy, please do. But you’re understanding of terms isn’t accurate. At all.

FlashFlood

FlashFlood wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

JHFC. I said Central America, specifically not to state illegal immigration is from Mexico. You said Mexico, and I informed you Mexico is part of Central America.

https://guides.ucf.edu/countries/centra … x-15193059

Mexico absolutely is part of Central America, I don’t know where you went to school. It’s in the center of the two American continents.

If you’d like to discuss anything I said about policy, please do. But you’re understanding of terms isn’t accurate. At all.

You’re (appropriate use of the conjunction, btw) wrong. You thought Mexico was part of Central America. How many Google results did you have to go through before stumbling on a University of Central Florida page?

Board footer