You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Current Events Thread

misterID wrote:

Michael Brown had literally assaulted and robbed a convenient store clerk, then attacked an officer in his car and tried to get his gun. Now he's portrayed as an innocent victim.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

The first 15 minutes of Tucker Carlson last night was spot on.  Maybe I should apply to be his new writer.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

Michael Brown had literally assaulted and robbed a convenient store clerk, then attacked an officer in his car and tried to get his gun. Now he's portrayed as an innocent victim.

Be careful. It's disturbing how you're framing that....

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

The first 15 minutes of Tucker Carlson last night was spot on.  Maybe I should apply to be his new writer.

Fox News lawyers argued in court recently that no reasonable person should take him seriously to get out of a legal problem.

For somebody who bashes the main stream media you sure do you watch a lot of it

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
James wrote:
misterID wrote:

Was it more shoot to kill now ask questions later justification?

James

James wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
James wrote:
misterID wrote:

Ask questions later? After robbing and assaulting a convenience store clerk, then going after a cop's gun, how many more questions need to be asked before action is taken?

Is he to be treated as a canonized saint up until the moment he acquires the gun and blows the cop's brains out?

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

Is this how it works?

1) black person killed by police.

2) rush to google and look up criminal record

3) breath sigh of relief

4) use any type of criminal history no matter how small or big to justify shoot to kill

Luckily we have a system that virtually ensures a poor person almost always has some sort of criminal record.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
James wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
James wrote:

Ask questions later? After robbing and assaulting a convenience store clerk, then going after a cop's gun, how many more questions need to be asked before action is taken?

Is he to be treated as a canonized saint up until the moment he acquires the gun and blows the cop's brains out?

No...he’s supposed to be shot dead...judge, jury and executioner style.

James

James wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Is this how it works?

1) black person killed by police.

2) rush to google and look up criminal record

3) breath sigh of relief

4) use any type of criminal history no matter how small or big to justify shoot to kill

Luckily we have a system that virtually ensures a poor person almost always has some sort of criminal record.

Just like how when a white person does something, everyone runs to google to see if it's a Trump voter so they can have the ok to demonize the person on social media.

You and I went over this a few pages ago. This shit is ruining our country.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

I'm voting in person. I don't trust any part of the system now after what it's been turned into this year. My kids are going back to school in mid-October in person, we're at 3.5% positivity, it's OK.

EDIT: voting in person, early. Starts Oct. 19 for my county, although some Illinois counties started voting yesterday.

Board footer