You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Current Events Thread

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Is this how it works?

1) black person killed by police.

2) rush to google and look up criminal record

3) breath sigh of relief

4) use any type of criminal history no matter how small or big to justify shoot to kill

Luckily we have a system that virtually ensures a poor person almost always has some sort of criminal record.

No, the incident matters.

Blake is a great example: it was initially stated that he was shot while trying to break up a fight... Except, no, he was violating a restraining order of the woman he was accused of sexually assaulting, she called the cops because he wouldn't leave, was threatening her, he attacked the cops, put one in a headlock, walked through two tasers, went to his car while ignoring cops repeated orders and while they had guns on him, then reached into a car for a knife.

Did that justify nine shots in the back? No, but all the other details, including his criminal history, were very important to that case.

And people/media either still claim he was breaking up a fight, don't mention it, or never mention the specifics of WHY he was there. It's completely inappropriate for a president of candidate to visit him.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
bigbri wrote:

I'm voting in person. I don't trust any part of the system now after what it's been turned into this year. My kids are going back to school in mid-October in person, we're at 3.5% positivity, it's OK.

EDIT: voting in person, early. Starts Oct. 19 for my county, although some Illinois counties started voting yesterday.

I'm considering this too even though I've been mailing in my ballot for eons.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
James wrote:
bigbri wrote:

I'm voting in person. I don't trust any part of the system now after what it's been turned into this year. My kids are going back to school in mid-October in person, we're at 3.5% positivity, it's OK.

EDIT: voting in person, early. Starts Oct. 19 for my county, although some Illinois counties started voting yesterday.

I'm considering this too even though I've been mailing in my ballot for eons.

There's all this talk about mail-in ballots fucking up the vote totals on election night, but most states can start processing their mailed ballots before election day. https://www.ncsl.org/research/elections … ction.aspx The nutty one, of course, is Wisconsin, which doesn't process mailed ballots until after the polls close.

Also, right now, despite Trump's rhetoric, only 1.3 million more Democrats have requested mail-in ballots out of 28 million. He's hurting himself by going off on mail-in voting, as many who will want to do that will be older voters who support him.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Taylor wasn't murdered.  She was killed when her boyfriend shot a fucking cop who was serving a legal warrant.  100/100 times if cops are shot while serving a warrant, they're going to fire back.

Dude, she was shot and died. Maybe wasn't intentional but it's still murder.

All I was advocating for was that people aren't killed and are instead arrested and tried. Many cops in America seem incapable of doing their job without shooting. That's a problem.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:
James wrote:
misterID wrote:

Michael Brown had literally assaulted and robbed a convenient store clerk, then attacked an officer in his car and tried to get his gun. Now he's portrayed as an innocent victim.

Be careful. It's disturbing how you're framing that....

Strange, I don't remember mentioning this case. In fact I've never even heard of the guy, but mmkay.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Is this how it works?

3) breath sigh of relief

4) use any type of criminal history no matter how small or big to justify shoot to kill

Luckily we have a system that virtually ensures a poor person almost always has some sort of criminal record.

It sure seems that way.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

mitchejw wrote:

Is this how it works?

3) breath sigh of relief

you're absolutely right mitch.  Our system made these men rape women and rob pregnant women at gun point.  It made Blake come back to his victim, it made Blake fight with police, and it made Blake go for a knife when a cop had a fucking gun to his back.  I never saw it before, but you've opened my eyes.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Axl S wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Taylor wasn't murdered.  She was killed when her boyfriend shot a fucking cop who was serving a legal warrant.  100/100 times if cops are shot while serving a warrant, they're going to fire back.

Dude, she was shot and died. Maybe wasn't intentional but it's still murder.

All I was advocating for was that people aren't killed and are instead arrested and tried. Many cops in America seem incapable of doing their job without shooting. That's a problem.

Murder is a legal term.  It implies a premediated and illegal taking of someone's life.  If your 2 year old darts out in traffic and gets killed, he wasn't murdered.  If your boyfriend ignores answering the door because he thinks it's your drug dealer ex-boyfriend, the blindly shoots a cop in the femoral artery, and you get shot when the police return fire, you weren't murdered.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
IRISH OS1R1S wrote:
James wrote:
misterID wrote:

Michael Brown had literally assaulted and robbed a convenient store clerk, then attacked an officer in his car and tried to get his gun. Now he's portrayed as an innocent victim.

Be careful. It's disturbing how you're framing that....

Strange, I don't remember mentioning this case. In fact I've never even heard of the guy, but mmkay.

Where do you draw the line when supporting criminals for political purposes? Are only a certain amount of robberies and rapes allowed before cutting the cord?

This is the problem with the mainstreaming of extremism on both sides and everything having to be viewed through hyper-partisan glasses.

The left is painting itself into a corner where it is literally advocating for criminals and placing them on pedestals.

It may have seemed like a good idea when the media first jumped all over it and fabricated various narratives to push the agenda but now that people can actually see what is being supported.....

It's mind boggling.

We have a president who should've been guaranteed to be a one term president. Instead, thanks to all of this insanity, he's more than likely going to be reelected.

The right is obviously behind him. Now the center will be leaning in the same direction... and I guarantee not everyone on the left is supporting this shit.

When this election is over, I'm hoping people learn from it. Manipulating people to support criminals, rioting, and looting while screaming to defund the police was not the smartest political move.

Fuck the polls. Biden is leading the same polls Hillary was. It's going to boil down to a handful of states....and those states are not jumping for joy at the thought of cities burning to the ground because a rapist got shot.

Anyone remember the good old days when you had to go towards the center to win?

Good times.

All I was advocating for was that people aren't killed and are instead arrested and tried.

How do you arrest and try a criminal trying to kill you? Should they put down the gun and beg the criminal to turn himself in before the cops and witnesses are killed?

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Is this how it works?

3) breath sigh of relief

you're absolutely right mitch.  Our system made these men rape women and rob pregnant women at gun point.  It made Blake come back to his victim, it made Blake fight with police, and it made Blake go for a knife when a cop had a fucking gun to his back.  I never saw it before, but you've opened my eyes.

You’ll justify it no matter what.

White kid in Kenosha casually kills two people. Walks by police casually and drives back to Illinois.

Black person does the same thing and he’d have 50 bullets in him.

Board footer