You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 329 

Re: Current Events Thread

Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

What bothers me on a basic level is the whole inheritance tax. All that money has been taxed already. If I want to leave it to my family, isn’t that my business? I get the generational wealth aspect but something seems wrong about it. Also the move to tax current value of your home and do away with step up basis for people that inherit it.

I used to be anti automation. But the way our lazy ass work force is refusing to work, FUCK THEM. Bring on the machines and cut off the cunts from the nipple. We have 11,000,000 fucking job openings and people sitting on their fucking ass.

your job will be the first to be replaced...

Lol, nope. But I am a survivor

mitchejw
 Rep: 128 

Re: Current Events Thread

mitchejw wrote:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/sen-kyrsten- … 26161.html

I am getting quite interested in the ulterior motives of Sinema. I pretty much have Manchin pegged as an oil loving Democrat and I understand why West Virginia might be well represented because of that...

However, Sinema has been dodgy about what her motives are in these negotiations. It seems like she moves the goal posts a lot and doesn't really have a clear picture of what she wants.

I assure you her base will not vote her back in if she continues down this path. I remember when Jesse Ventura basically turned on all the young people that voted him in and by the end of his term he didn't even run for a second term. Of course, he'll tell you it's because 'he did what he came to do,' but the real reason is that every chance he got, he fucked over the people who voted him in. There was no chance he would ever win again and he knew it.

James
 Rep: 644 

Re: Current Events Thread

James wrote:

He should've run for president in 2016. He didn't realize....or he realized too late...that there was an opening for an outsider/celebrity to win the presidency.

If Trump could win that election, so could Ventura.

It was his first and last chance to take a stab at it.

misterID
 Rep: 469 

Re: Current Events Thread

misterID wrote:

Sinema is a bad ass. There's nothing they can do to intimidate her. What a breath of fresh air. Remember when we had real liberals, and not leftist elite socialist progressives?

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 130 

Re: Current Events Thread

misterID wrote:

Sinema is a bad ass. There's nothing they can do to intimidate her. What a breath of fresh air. Remember when we had real liberals, and not leftist elite socialist progressives?

I don’t think she’s a liberal. Not in the sense it’s used today. Manchin has certainly clarified his stance on the issue.

I’m surprised more are willing to put their names behind the 3.5 trillion monstrosity. When Pelosi is celebrating how the uninformed are in complete support of the plan, any person interested in discourse and informed decisions should have been outraged. It’s why most popularity polls mean nothing to me. Most people acknowledge the majority of people are dumbasses, yet cling to the notion of popular opinion as if it has any connection to being an informed principle. The majority of the country was all for Iraq until they weren’t.

But we’re at a point where chasing someone into the bathroom is defended by nearly half the nation. We may have passed the point of no return. I’m terrified to think of the riots that will start again and be spun positively in the media narrative when the GOP gains power back in 22 and 24.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 329 

Re: Current Events Thread

Smoking Guns wrote:

Having a dictatorship is so much easier than a democracy. A democracy can get very ugly when the fringes have all the power, like right now.

mitchejw
 Rep: 128 

Re: Current Events Thread

mitchejw wrote:

Sinema’s poll numbers are abysmal. It’s interesting watching her ruin so much positivity and good faith.

I hear she’s in Europe now…doing god knows what. It’s good to see she has her priorities straight.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 130 

Re: Current Events Thread

mitchejw wrote:

Sinema’s poll numbers are abysmal. It’s interesting watching her ruin so much positivity and good faith.

I hear she’s in Europe now…doing god knows what. It’s good to see she has her priorities straight.


Fascinating,

the same time the NY Times runs a headline with your argument:
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/13/us/p … urope.html

Mitch McConnell blast Pelosi for heading to Europe:  https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news … yahoo_feed


https://www.reuters.com/world/us/pope-m … 021-10-09/


You're literally criticizing Sinema for what the Republicans accused Pelosi of doing the week before.  You made the Republican argument against Obamacare the other day: 

mitchejw wrote:

They want a situation where they can do whatever they want and never suffer the consequences. That's freedom to most people. The 'I can do whatever I want' and 'I don't want insurance' and 'don't deny me when I show up at the emergency room' crowd.

One of the real travesties about Obamacare was that it was sabotaged by these people. People who demand healthcare as a right but refuse to put into the system. I remember reading stories about people who purchased insurance just long enough to get their big operation and then stopped paying their premiums when they were healing up.

You can be upset about health insurance companies and rising costs...but these are the types of people that are fucking everyone over.


Maybe you don't realize, but a lot of your critiques as of late are verbatim GOP talking points.  You're just unaware of it.

mitchejw
 Rep: 128 

Re: Current Events Thread

mitchejw wrote:

Looks like in a fight about infrastructure we’ll be increasing military spending $30 billion in a suggested budget going through the senate

mitchejw
 Rep: 128 

Re: Current Events Thread

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Sinema’s poll numbers are abysmal. It’s interesting watching her ruin so much positivity and good faith.

I hear she’s in Europe now…doing god knows what. It’s good to see she has her priorities straight.


Fascinating,

the same time the NY Times runs a headline with your argument:
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/13/us/p … urope.html

Mitch McConnell blast Pelosi for heading to Europe:  https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news … yahoo_feed


https://www.reuters.com/world/us/pope-m … 021-10-09/


You're literally criticizing Sinema for what the Republicans accused Pelosi of doing the week before.  You made the Republican argument against Obamacare the other day: 

mitchejw wrote:

They want a situation where they can do whatever they want and never suffer the consequences. That's freedom to most people. The 'I can do whatever I want' and 'I don't want insurance' and 'don't deny me when I show up at the emergency room' crowd.

One of the real travesties about Obamacare was that it was sabotaged by these people. People who demand healthcare as a right but refuse to put into the system. I remember reading stories about people who purchased insurance just long enough to get their big operation and then stopped paying their premiums when they were healing up.

You can be upset about health insurance companies and rising costs...but these are the types of people that are fucking everyone over.


Maybe you don't realize, but a lot of your critiques as of late are verbatim GOP talking points.  You're just unaware of it.

Problem is the GOP ensured this version of Obamacare and then bitched out it.

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB