You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

Re: Current Events Thread

bigbri wrote:

Biden asking for breaks is Trump campaign fiction. The only candidate asking for stupid shit before the debate is Trump, who wants drug tests and a third party to check Biden for listening devices in his ear.

This is classic Trump projection. He’s the one that often shows symptoms of drug use on live TV. Maybe he also uses an earpiece?

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

You bring up a good point. I bet they got on him about lack of prep & he asked for an earpiece. When they told him it was an idiotic idea he projected it onto Biden.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

Biden sounds pretty coherent to me....

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Thaaaaaaaaaaaaat was fuckin' awful.

George Stephanopolous was stunned, calling it the worst presidential debate of all time. Jon Karl who was there also couldn't believe how bad it was. Dana Bash on CNN called it a shitshow.

Fuckin terrible, and to think Hillary could be our President up there instead.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

That was a cluster fuck. Holy shit. Worst debate in history.

A few points....

- Trump is way too aggressive. He was like a young Mike Tyson going for a first round knockout. It isn't necessary. Bring it down a few notches. This isn't the WWF.

- Biden is out of his league. A much younger Biden could roll with the punches but he's not up to the challenge. He's on a very basic script and the interruptions veer him off track and he can't recover. He looks tired, he sounds tired, and he doesn't inspire.

- Only good zinger of the night was when Biden was trying to sling mud about the police, Trump asked him to name one police group that supports him, Biden couldn't do it. It was embarrassing.

- Wallace did a terrible job moderating. I think microphones should be turned off when your time is up. Neither should be able to interrupt to that extent.

- Neither one really handled the protesting, BLM issue very well. Same with climate change.

Hopefully the next debate provides a little more substance. I'm really looking forward to the VP debate.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Total shit show. Trump interrupted too much but we are way better off with him in charge instead of Biden. Trump was effective in tying Biden to the radical left.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

Stayed up to watch it over here and I didn't think Biden was that bad - not sure if that's because I'm ideologically more likely to agree with him. He provided more detail on policy that Trump (although still not much because the debate didn't seem to allow for that) and sounded fine to me, plus no gaffes. . I was also floored by the 1 in 1000 African Americans have died from Covid stat, like that's fucked. Also seemed like on that last question of interference Biden actually handled it really well, although it's a stupid AF question for a debate.

Trump's interrupting was what I remembered the most from it though. It killed the debate but in a way that I feel just made him look really bad. Unedifying and a disgrace to be honest.

Question for all Americans here: Does Trump's interupting and blatant dodging of the questions play well over there beyond his base? I kept thinking throughout that it's the kind of thing that would turn off other voters, especially undecided women.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Axl S wrote:

Stayed up to watch it over here and I didn't think Biden was that bad - not sure if that's because I'm ideologically more likely to agree with him. He provided more detail on policy that Trump (although still not much because the debate didn't seem to allow for that) and sounded fine to me, plus no gaffes. . I was also floored by the 1 in 1000 African Americans have died from Covid stat, like that's fucked. Also seemed like on that last question of interference Biden actually handled it really well, although it's a stupid AF question for a debate.

Trump's interrupting was what I remembered the most from it though. It killed the debate but in a way that I feel just made him look really bad. Unedifying and a disgrace to be honest.

Question for all Americans here: Does Trump's interupting and blatant dodging of the questions play well over there beyond his base? I kept thinking throughout that it's the kind of thing that would turn off other voters, especially undecided women.

Biden flat out refused to answer when asked if he’d support removing the filibuster and pack the court. Trump’s interruptions were over the top, but Biden avoided answering in detail just as much.

These debates actually caused me to have a panic attack. The chaos and disorder were like 90 minutes of nails on a chalkboard to me.  So fucking bad. This is what America has become.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

It's remarkable to think Hillary could've been onstage as President last night, instead we got that reject.

Fucking awful, it was atrocious.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Biden flat out refused to answer when asked if he’d support removing the filibuster and pack the court. Trump’s interruptions were over the top, but Biden avoided answering in detail just as much.

I mean it's kind of hard to give an answer on those questions, or explain why you're not answering them directly, when the other guy keeps talking over you before your three words in. I don't think it's right to draw an equivalence between the two here. Especially when the other guy told a white supremacist group to "stand back and stand by". That's beyond the pale.

Biden seemed to, as someone who follows US politics from afar, give a bit more detail on actual policy and what he might want to do in the future throughout - although very little of that happened due to the way this "debate" was railroaded by Trump. Trump really just sniped with personal attacks, things from +20 years and bragged about things he claims he did these past four years. Didn't really talk about the future.

Board footer