You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Re: Current Events Thread

Axl S wrote:
James wrote:

Did you guys see that reporter who criticized Trump for taking his mask off so the White House released footage of her doing the same thing?

There's no excuse for this. If it's bad for one person to do it, it's bad for all. The excuse that she doesn't have it doesn't fly either. It's about prevention...you don't need to be physically ill to wear a mask.

I know I keep harping on this but I am sick of this being politicized.

I haven't seen this, got a link?

It is bad for both to do that BUT, it is worse for the president. He sets an example and gets the airtime.

Like you I don't understand why masks are politicised. All the other measures whilst I don't think they should be politicised I at least see how they become so - they impact the economy etc.

Masks don't do that, they are something that enables us to get on with our lives in as close to a normal way as possible and minus a slight bit of discomfort when wearing them they don't interfere with our lives at all.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

It's really not difficult to wear one. I even wear latex gloves when I pump gas. Those handles are nasty without covid.

Yep....I went shopping last night (Safeway and Food 4 Less) and was wearing mask and gloves. I started wearing gloves more often because I was getting tired of always bathing my hands in alcohol. I was overdoing it.

The only thing I hate about masks (other than looking like an idiot) is due to my asthma and smoking, I start having trouble breathing after a certain amount of time. I always try to wrap up my shopping quickly.

I saw a douchebag in the pet food section who had a mask but it was on his neck. Saw a woman in line whose baby didn't have one. I know it might be a tad ridiculous and probably difficult for a baby to wear a mask but just leave them at home.

James

James wrote:

iIt is bad for both to do that BUT, it is worse for the president. He sets an example and gets the airtime

She sets an example too....she's a reporter, she's on TV, and gets national (global) exposure. She's also telling people to wear masks and mocking those who don't.

It's inexcusable.

I think she should be fired to set an example for others that this hypocrisy stops now. Wear your mask and shut the fuck up. If you can't, the last thing you need to be doing is criticizing someone else not doing it.

I am thoroughly sick of this weird and idiotic "It's ok for the blue team to not wear masks when criticizing others or burning buildings to the ground but it's a slight against God if the red team takes off their masks for any reason whatsoever" stance that has become a huge theme this election cycle.

This shit can't possibly be playing well with Independents...more specifically in battleground states. Im amazed that they ever thought this hypocrisy was a good idea.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/cnn-repo … -inside-wh

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

It's Kaitlan Collins of CNN the moment she ended her report.

r6mri-XT.png

James

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

It's Kaitlan Collins of CNN the moment she ended her report.

http://www.sarahpalin.com/wp-content/up … mri-XT.png

Now there's a face of someone clearly not worried in the slightest about catching the virus even though she's in a building with people infected and she literally just got done criticizing them. The cherry on top is she's not even willing to wait a nanosecond to remove it even though she knows there's other cameras in the room.

We live in a total clown world.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Should we really be surprised that a bunch of people being defiant and having large public gatherings without masks would eventually get it?

How much sympathy do these people really deserve? After 14 days they’ll be right back at it doing it just to be defiant.

I'd like to point out me saying this just a mere few days ago.

The whole thing clears up in a weekend...truly amazing for the news cycle.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

mitchejw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Should we really be surprised that a bunch of people being defiant and having large public gatherings without masks would eventually get it?

How much sympathy do these people really deserve? After 14 days they’ll be right back at it doing it just to be defiant.

What do you think you prophesied? And what do you think has occurred?

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Since i know you’re not asking sincerely i will not  dignify you with a response.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

And so I remember...

I remember how this begins and how it ends.....

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Since i know you’re not asking sincerely i will not  dignify you with a response.

Yea, I didn’t think you knew either. Thanks. You make a great Yang. lol

Board footer