You are not logged in. Please register or login.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

Re: UYI Box tracklist unveiled?

polluxlm wrote:

As much as I see Beta as the Yoko of GN'R I'm not sure she is to blame for Axl keeping silent. He did some pretty revealing interviews around the millennium and even went on the forums to chat in like 2010. My guess is that the negative feedback which he didn't get in their heyday is what is dissuading him now. Whenever he has said something in the last 20 years it is through mediums he can fully control, except the China exchange which is the only time he's done a real interview, and that too was a very friendly affair.

I think he feels beat down and it's not worth it anymore. Beta is guilty of feeding his little bubble world.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I just read on the Hoffman forum that Wilson had did a full remix of both albums but they got vetoed at the last minute. The only thing that remains from the remix is the new November Rain.

God that pisses me off.

I recently bought the Pink Floyd Animals mix and it's like having a brand new album. I can't even imagine what a new mix of UYI would've been like.

For starters...bury the rant on Get In The Ring.

Wilco wrote:
ClaudeF wrote:

A comment from the author of the official Nirvana biography seems relevant:

Every time Kurt objected, I’d explain why it had to stay in the book, and he never pressed the matter. After all, that was our original agreement—to do it any other way would be, as he said in our first conversation about the book, “too Guns N’ Roses.”

Source: https://www.newyorker.com/culture/perso … urt-cobain

Thing is back in the day, in all fairness, GNR was brutally honest. Axl over shared way too much of his inner life, those Illusion videos were a way of communicating his demons with the audience, same with the Making Of videos. Same with the Rolling Stone interview in 92 and the one with RIP the same year.

GNR was at one time very real and honest

It’s only since Beta took over Axl’s life that he’s slowly and increasingly shied away from everything and slowly become more jaded and greedy.

This was a guy who wanted everything documented and on film. And did stuff like the Photographic History documentary and such. CD was his way of telling his innermost struggles to the fans

So I would disagree with that. Nirvana cultivated their own sanitized mythology to the media.

I'd love to see the alternate universe where he never meets that family. It all starts going to shit right after that. While we certainly can't blame them for everything...the timing can't be a coincidence.

Aussie is right...when Axl dies, they'll unload
every scrap in the vault.

Wilco
 Rep: 1 

Wilco wrote:
James wrote:

I just read on the Hoffman forum that Wilson had did a full remix of both albums but they got vetoed at the last minute. The only thing that remains from the remix is the new November Rain.

God that pisses me off.

I recently bought the Pink Floyd Animals mix and it's like having a brand new album. I can't even imagine what a new mix of UYI would've been like.

For starters...bury the rant on Get In The Ring.

Wilco wrote:
ClaudeF wrote:

A comment from the author of the official Nirvana biography seems relevant:

Every time Kurt objected, I’d explain why it had to stay in the book, and he never pressed the matter. After all, that was our original agreement—to do it any other way would be, as he said in our first conversation about the book, “too Guns N’ Roses.”

Source: https://www.newyorker.com/culture/perso … urt-cobain

Thing is back in the day, in all fairness, GNR was brutally honest. Axl over shared way too much of his inner life, those Illusion videos were a way of communicating his demons with the audience, same with the Making Of videos. Same with the Rolling Stone interview in 92 and the one with RIP the same year.

GNR was at one time very real and honest

It’s only since Beta took over Axl’s life that he’s slowly and increasingly shied away from everything and slowly become more jaded and greedy.

This was a guy who wanted everything documented and on film. And did stuff like the Photographic History documentary and such. CD was his way of telling his innermost struggles to the fans

So I would disagree with that. Nirvana cultivated their own sanitized mythology to the media.

I'd love to see the alternate universe where he never meets that family. It all starts going to shit right after that. While we certainly can't blame them for everything...the timing can't be a coincidence.

Aussie is right...when Axl dies, they'll unload
every scrap in the vault.

It’s always been my belief that Beta played a nice sized role in the breakup. Axl made his own decisions but I have to think she helped with poisoning his mind against Slash and reassured him in the belief that he alone was all that was needed to carry forward the band.

He was vulnerable, lonely as hell, drowning in loss and lawsuits; she preyed on him to cement a position of power in his life and any potential rivals were one by one eventually knocked off the board - Slash, Doug Goldstein, etc. she kept him isolated and on a leash.

If Axl never met her - or for that matter, never met Stephanie Seymour - I think we’d have a lot more albums from him, solo or with GNR.

Sky Dog wrote:

Come on……horse shit

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

Stephanie, like Erin, served as an artistic muse. I can’t imagine him feeling the same, or writing about, Beta.

If you ever read about Howard Hughes, in his final years he was surrounded by, and basically imprisoned by, his inner circle. The same dynamic seems in play here.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

He’s a grown man. He fired every other manager. I’ve seen him get her (and the others) ass in public for not doing something the way he wanted (“You want to be the manager? Then manage this.”)

Axl reformed the band on his own, I don’t see Beta and family having any say in that.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

Borderline criminal there are no demo's or rarities included. The Blu Ray is the saving grace and along with the new November Rain, it's the only real thing of interest for me. Hopefully it's sold individually at some point.

I would have loved a full remix and the fact it's claimed this was done and scrapped is crazy. While I love the Illusions albums, imagine a mix with less reverb on the drums, a whole lot more Izzy and a whole lot less of the synth and effect noodling that Axl got carried away with.

WARose
 Rep: 26 

WARose wrote:
misterID wrote:

(“You want to be the manager? Then manage this.”)

Did he say this to Beta?

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

Borderline criminal there are no demo's or rarities included. The Blu Ray is the saving grace and along with the new November Rain, it's the only real thing of interest for me. Hopefully it's sold individually at some point.

I would have loved a full remix and the fact it's claimed this was done and scrapped is crazy. While I love the Illusions albums, imagine a mix with less reverb on the drums, a whole lot more Izzy and a whole lot less of the synth and effect noodling that Axl got carried away with.

Izzy missed a lot of the sessions and what you here on the record that should be Izzy is Slash. I think Don’t Cry is a track where Izzy’s parts are recorded by Slash. Civil of course all guitars are Slash as well.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

I know it’s on the official merch page but how is it possible gunsnroses.com’s top news story is from 7/19 about the Singapore show?

Board footer