You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: KICKASS preview of Bach's album

James wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

The possible bad things to come out of this far outweigh the good.  One negative review by RS or Blender and we're back to the dead period for 4 more years of perfecting the vocals on CD.

This is the only thing about this situation that worries me. I have no problem with Axl doing these songs, but I do worry how he reacts to reviews and how the fanbase responds to it.

Sky Dog wrote:

Alright, enough of this talk. James and Buzzsaw, if that is the case, then Axl needs to just quit the music business, tell his delusional fans that he is not man enough to release music, and go away. 4 Seriously, if he is that much of a pussy (excuse the language ladies), then he needs to drop it now and disappear.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
madagas wrote:

Alright, enough of this talk. James and Buzzsaw, if that is the case, then Axl needs to just quit the music business, tell his delusional fans that he is not man enough to release music, and go away. 4 Seriously, if he is that much of a pussy (excuse the language ladies), then he needs to drop it now and disappear.

I don't see this effecting him releasing the album. The demos showed he can still sing and it's not his own his material on this up coming album. I don't see it helping either way.. It's all in Axl's hands and some writer calling him shit I don't think will effect Chinese Democracy.

James

James wrote:

Well, it might look like he doesn't care about media response, but he clearly does. If he didn't give a shit what people thought, CD(or 2000 Intentions) would have been released in 1999. The negative reaction to Oh My God threw the project into a tailspin, and they still haven't completely recovered from that.

I'm not against this release. I look forward to these songs. However, it is definitely a cause for concern that in 2007 we are possibly being handed another Oh My God situation. If this album tanks on the charts and is shit on by media and fans, the future will be looking pretty bleak.

I wish we could get some concrete news before this album is released.

BLS-Pride

BLS-Pride wrote:

It's not his album. It's not going to sell really well. Bach doesn't have the popularity to sell and make a dent in the billboard charts. All Axl is going to care about if he cares about it that much is the three songs he is on and how they are reviewed. Mainly his vocals.. Something to do with Bach's singing or his band will not have any impact on Axl or Chinese Democracy. I think people need to stop looking for something bad in some what good times. CD is not coming out but material with Axl Rose is.. Be happy and look forward to it. Trying to tie in Chinese Democracy into everything that he does is just old and getting repetitive.

Oh My God was different cause it was Guns N' Roses not a Bach solo album.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

Very well said James.  I think there is a chance that something great will happen, but at the same time, we have a chance of something equally as bad happening.  We either lose or we win, i can't really see too much of a middle ground here.  The album gets good reviews, it will boost his confidence and hype and i think we will see CD.  If it tanks, it's back to 2000 again. 

Or, in the rare circumstance, he won't see these albums as being connected and see his material as far superior and release it anyway.  But with Bach singing on CD, i don't see that happening.

James

James wrote:

I'm not seeking out the bad. It just reminds me of the Oh My God situation because expectations were really high. Everyone was waiting for it. The reality check after people heard it was unreal. I can see why he got cold feet regarding CD/2000 Intentions.

Yeah, its not a GNR release. Neither was that soundtrack. Like that soundtrack, the thing that sticks out on this is Axl's presence and the fact he is being used as the promotional tool to get the word out.

The chances of this playing out identical to that soundtrack are slim, but the chance is there. Oh My God was the worst song on that, and I highly doubt the Axl songs on this record will be the worst.

We'll just have to see how this plays out.

This would have been much better if it had happened after a CD release, like how Axl was on albums in between Lies and UYI.

BLS-Pride

BLS-Pride wrote:

Yeah but it was still a GNR song. These songs are a cover and Bach's songs. If fans get over excited and expect something else and something so amazing they cream their pants on first listen then that is their fault. I look at this album as a good sign and I am happy to get to hear Axl on official material again. I for one am not going to tie Chinese Democracy into this in anyway because we have no way of knowing what Axl's true intentions are for being on this album. Bach's is pretty simple and that is for the news and interest. Maybe he is testing th waters or trying to get his name out there and I am sure he isn't going to put his vocals on something half ass since Oh My God didn't go over to well.

starsko
 Rep: 6 

starsko wrote:

Wow. So impressive. Best song of the 21st century. No doubt.

roll

James

James wrote:

I haven't heard that yet. I was waiting until the finished product leaked, but I guess I'll download it and see what the big deal is.

Board footer