You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Riyadh and the Bedouins leak

James wrote:

This song is being overlooked by tons of people.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

This song does rock. I have been listening too it more now and I finally dig it. The chorus is still in my head. The music itself without vocals rocks a ton. Killer solo and dig the ending of the song.

James

James wrote:

Gonna break my own rule here this one time, but here's the track that in my opinion inspired Riyadh, whether from Bucket personally or Axl desiring something of this nature to be on the record.

To me, Riyadh is like the bastard child of this track.

Crash Victim from Praxis

http://download.yousendit.com/5C3C805179E20E89

I would hope that those of you who do like this track will support Bucket by buying it on Itunes. Or just buy the whole album.

Praxis- Transmutation(Mutadis Mutandis)

http://www.amazon.com/Transmutation-Mut … 714&sr=8-1

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Every music fan in general should own Transmutation. The players at every position are top notch. You've got legends Bootsy on bass; Bernie on keys; legend-in-the-making Bucket on guitar and then Brain on drums.

I agree with James that there's a Praxis feel in this song. I need to listen to Crash Victim again to see how they stack up.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Every music fan in general should own Transmutation. The players at every position are top notch. You've got legends Bootsy on bass; Bernie on keys; legend-in-the-making Bucket on guitar and then Brain on drums.

I agree with James that there's a Praxis feel in this song. I need to listen to Crash Victim again to see how they stack up.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

I like Transmutation but it's not for everyone, nor do I think it's really THAT amazing. I'm impressed with the skill involved and there are some memorable moments and grooves but it's a little overrated by Bucket fans.

I can hear the Praxis influence on Riyadh, it's there, but Tommy and Robin add a different dimension to it and then Axl adds some greater meaning to it. I like his lyrics on this one more than most; I don't think it's a weak track in that sense at all.

dave-gnfnr2k
 Rep: 11 

dave-gnfnr2k wrote:

BH took the stuff Axl and Finck made and made them great.  TWAT was a good song on the 99 demo but when BH added his licks it turned into a great song

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

Loving this track and feel it is a solid if a little unremarkable rocker.

I'm afraid old uncle Axl is the weak link here - his vocals sound weak, strained, overproduced and forced.

Bucket, (yet again), is the standout here and really shines on all these leaks. Not matter how good BBF is, he cant hold a candle im afraid - from a playing and a charisma POV.

It's time for Axl to either mend fences with BH or mend fences with Slash and get a reunion going.

Axl and his current merry men can't do justice to CD or AFD imo

James

James wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

Axl and his current merry men can't do justice to CD

Yep, its a sad day when the current lineup cant even replicate the CD era material.

Have no BBF demos to compare, but was anyone REALLY that impressed by his fretless solo on CD during the tour? To the point of desiring that it be recorded in a studio and take up even more time?

Didn't think so....

At least the cat's out of the bag. Axl cant ram a crap album down our throats because we have too much material to compare it to.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

BBf didn't do justice to the CD solos, that's for sure.  He also didn't do that good on Better either. 

I wouldn't want to hear his fretless solo recorded.  18

Board footer