You are not logged in. Please register or login.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: If the World leak

tejastech08 wrote:

Good guitar work but I don't like this song very much compared to the rest of the leaks we've gotten in this batch.

estrangedpaul
 Rep: 5 

Neemo wrote:

welcome back estrangedpaul 5

Haha happy you remember me from RoV. As I said in another thread i only came back coz I heard about the leaks a couple of days ago. For some reason I chose the front page of HTGTH to check for news every few weeks while I was out of the community. I forgot they don't have news there - although I guess I did only care about official news coz I'd gotten sick of rumours so I guess thats why I chose them. Plus they have a front page for news so I knew I could check for GnR news without getting sucked into the forums again. I never bothered checking for leaks (I assumed I'd hear about them if any occured) but I happened to check a general rock forum a few days ago which mentioned them.

I kinda like this song - its ok - I'm not sure it would have went down too well had they played it live in '06. If they want to play songs people haven't heard, probably better to sick to instant favourites like Better and The Blues. This is too different for most casual GnR fans to appreciate straight away.

I like the solo, the flamenco playing, the synths and the lyrics. Personally, I think he comes in way too high-pitched at the beginning and its a little boring as it drags on. Its quite different to everything else on the album.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Yeah, I have to agree. It's a really good song, nothing wrong with it really, it's just missing something, or just doesn't fit with the other leaks. If the album is going the way we think it is with the leaks we have the song will sound out of place in the flow.

I'd say give it to a movie soundtrack. Maybe a Michael Mann film now that Audioslave is no more.

dave-gnfnr2k
 Rep: 11 

dave-gnfnr2k wrote:
misterID wrote:

Yeah, I have to agree. It's a really good song, nothing wrong with it really, it's just missing something, or just doesn't fit with the other leaks. If the album is going the way we think it is with the leaks we have the song will sound out of place in the flow.

I'd say give it to a movie soundtrack. Maybe a Michael Mann film now that Audioslave is no more.

Its just missing a killer solo ala TWAT. But if they can add one in at the outro the song would be perfect. I still dont  hear Ron or Fortus on these, I think they will add a lot.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
dave-gnfnr2k wrote:
misterID wrote:

Its just missing a killer solo ala TWAT. But if they can add one in at the outro the song would be perfect. I still dont  hear Ron or Fortus on these, I think they will add a lot.

How long has Fortus been in the band?  And we still are only getting demos with Huge on them?  These songs sound pretty close to done, and as i recall, Fortus would have been in the band when these songs were in their current 'finished' form.  Why isn't he on them?  That's right, he won't be.  I would be VERY surprised if Fortus is on any of the songs when they are released/ leaked again.

I still stand by the idea that Fortus is purely a touring member.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I will always stick to my opinion that Fortus will not be on Chinese Democracy until I actually hear him on it. We may never hear a song with Ron either.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
bigbri wrote:

More influence on If the World?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFYU0m3617E

Thanks to nugdafied for finding this.

i think this is closer 16 thanks to James for tellign me about it...well really i wish he didnt tell me about it but now that he did there is not turning back 14

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

14 Yeah, these sappy songs really remind me of Simply Red, that track being a really good example.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

That video literally scares the crap out of me.

CC, my friend who's a big FNM fan said that he hears a lot of FNM in this song.  He says he could almost see this being one of their songs.  Almost.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I don't hear FNM... but I could see it being a Simply Red song.

I don't think anything i've heard so far will shatter the world and be ground-breaking, unlike AFD and even some of UYI. But that's not to say I haven't heard alot of fucking brilliant tracks.

Board footer