You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Shackler's Revenge: REALLY confirmed

James wrote:

A guy who was at E3 is spilling what beans he has.

I really think this was a smokescreen for Better. If true, GNR deserves an award for disguising it under a super obscure Bucket score.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

more details about the track:

- I was told by a producer that the song starts out "in a really low register, really different than I've ever heard him sing in.  I was almost wondering if it was actually Axl, but then he breaks into the familiar high voice and I knew it was him."

- Said it sounds "almost like something Marilyn Manson would produce"

- Said it's actually pretty poppy despite the industrial sound, and you'll catch yourself humming it after it's done.  Said there's a crazy solo in the middle that's really fun to play in the game.

This is starting to sound more and more like Better.

not even close.

-a low register? better starts in the highest of high registers, so scratch that.

-marilyn manson? tough time there. maybe because its effect-y

ok so better is poppy and has a solo in the middle. big deal. gunsnroses.com has already acknowledged that "better" is the title of the song.

March 12, 2007
The truth about 'Better'
By Doug Miller / GunsNRoses.com

The song "Better" has been receiving airplay across the country, but there is no official single release. No one seems to know where the song came from or how it got out. Did Guns N' Roses purposely leak the track?

"Here's what I know," keyboardist Dizzy Reed explains to GunsNRoses.com. "We were doing a commercial with Harley-Davidson. Harley was going to do a version using 'Paradise City' and another version using 'Better.' Their Web site even had a version up for like one day with 'Better,' but the version of 'Better' that they had was an unfinished, unapproved demo. That's why it was removed. The version that's getting airplay is that same demo.

"Our understanding of how that happened is that an experimental edit using 'Better' in place of 'Paradise City' was somehow accidentally mislabeled as the 'Paradise City' Harley-Davidson video/commercial and was inadvertently released on the internet. We believe the 'leak' came from this source tape and someone with access to it.

"For the record, absolutely none of the songs that have been leaked have come from the band or our organization. None of the songs that have been leaked are anything more than demo versions, works in progress. No final mixes.

"It's really frustrating working on something as hard as we have and then having it wind up on the Internet before it's finished. Hearing a demo on the radio really sucks."

// Gunsnroses.com

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Communist China wrote:

Where is that info coming from? I'm starting to get a little worried that it could be Better...

I was thinking the early descriptuions were like that...but then the you tube guys comments make it sound more like a track similar to rhiad to me now.

I think its going to be a new track...with a poppy hook like better, a general industrial vibe similar to OMG or  Shackler, and an obvious Jordan style bucket breakdown in the middle of things....

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

rose22
 Rep: 12 

rose22 wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
Communist China wrote:

Where is that info coming from? I'm starting to get a little worried that it could be Better...

I was thinking the early descriptuions were like that...but then the you tube guys comments make it sound more like a track similar to rhiad to me now.

I think its going to be a new track...with a poppy hook like better, a general industrial vibe similar to OMG or  Shackler, and an obvious Jordan style bucket breakdown in the middle of things....

i think you are dead on and that sounds perfect to me. 9

Dadud
 Rep: 14 

Dadud wrote:

dude, i just thought of somthing. Axl's voice starts out in low register in Song #2.. Could Shacklers Revenge = Song 2? big_smile

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Dadud wrote:

dude, i just thought of somthing. Axl's voice starts out in low register in Song #2.. Could Shacklers Revenge = Song 2? big_smile

A song in a video game that will put kids to sleep?

I doubt it.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

Song #2 is definately not gonna turn out to be Shackler's Revenge.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

If SR is something we've already heard, it would be the ultimate "fuck you" to the fans and you could say goodbye to me and a lot of others ever buying CD.

Dadud
 Rep: 14 

Dadud wrote:

What the fuck, why the negative attitude? I love song 2 and would be extremely happy if it was shacklers revenge.

Board footer