You are not logged in. Please register or login.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

Re: Shackler's Revenge: REALLY confirmed

DCK wrote:

Former employee hihihihih

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I bought that until Axl's signoff.  Blame Canada was so late 90's.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I bought it until the one sentence with former member Paul Huge as well as former employee Robin Finck.

He would use the EXACT same wording like that twice. Then I caught the spoiler, lol.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Sic...you nearly killed me...when it said the "opportunity to include Shackler's Revenge on Rock Band 2 was presented, the song was given priority in our recording process" - i went into a blind rage and started screaming "What? they havn't finished recording??!!" at my computer screen!!!!

Apparently i've turned into one of those people that shouldn't be waiting!

Seven
 Rep: 9 

Seven wrote:

After Mr. Rose, and Mr. Cobain the industry changed for all future writers forever. It's gridlocked and all the truth in the world can't seem to set it free. So we sit in these circles going in circles, nice elimination of a generation this is our creative genius. speculation. IT would be nice if something got out.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

I expect that this song has to leak soon, the game is only a month or so off.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Yeah, and it will be getting reviewed soon, meaning the actual game has to start surfacing everywhere.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Yeah, and it will be getting reviewed soon, meaning the actual game has to start surfacing everywhere.

Exactly, first the game will start going out to people, eventually to someone who cares enough to rip it to an audio format, then we'll all get it soon after.

If they're smart they'll just hurry and put it on itunes/amazon or something before that gets a chance to happen.  I don't count on it, because I don't see them just dropping it on (a-la Izzy) without fanfare, and we'd be hearing of the fanfare already. 

I'd be intrigued to see what the numbers on downloads of something like that would be.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

was looking for football season preview magazines yesterday and i saw a new video game mag for music based games. there was an article in it about rock band 2 and it had sept 14 as the release date and it listed shacklers revenge on the OFFICIAL SONG LIST

sadly the 4 page article had no mention of GnR aside from Shacklers Revenge on the song list

there was a Slash article/interview in the mag though for GH3 16

EDIT: i think the mag is called "Guitars and Gamers" or something like that

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Thanks to FunkyMonkey at HTGTH.

Rock Band 2: Behind the Music

August 15, 2008

We spoke at length with Harmonix's Audio Director, Eric Brosious, about the process of compiling tracks for RB2. Not only did we discuss the new Guns 'n Roses track, but also the reasoning behind the selection of other music. Plus, we asked Brosious about future DLC, including the possibility of seeing funk and reggae added to the mix.

IGN: How did debuting a new GnR song come about? And how was "Shackler's Revenge" chosen as the song for RB2?

Brosious: Well of course we really wanted to have GnR included in RB2 and Paul DeGooyer, our music guru and all-around good guy at MTV, worked directly with the GnR folks to make it happen. Everyone involved decided that it'd be ultra fab to have something from the mysterious "Chinese Democracy." And Axl himself took an interest and chose "Shackler's Revenge." Very cool.

IGN: Do you think this means the long-delayed Chinese Democracy will come out in my lifetime?

Brosious: Definitely'¦wait how old are you? RB2 will be (I think) the first public release of content from "Chinese Democracy." So, with that, maybe people will be looking forward to this album coming out even more than they were before.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/899/899325p1.html

Whether or not you can trust him to have all the info or not, I don't know. But according to him Shackler's was Axl's choice to be the RB2 song. He doesn't say anything helpful about album release though.

Board footer