You are not logged in. Please register or login.

curro
 Rep: 7 

Re: Steven Adler arrested

curro wrote:

TMZ has learned Steven Adler -- former drummer for Guns N' Roses -- was arrested early this morning in Hollywood for possession of narcotics, being under the influence and an outstanding warrant.

Adler is still in police custody.

Earlier this month, the 43-year-old rocker told a radio station he was planning on being part of the cast of "Sober Living," a spin-off of VH1's "Celebrity Rehab." The timing couldn't be better.

http://www.tmz.com/2008/07/18/guns-n-ro … the-pokey/

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

Already posted: http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=2543

Probably does deserve a thread of it's own. I'll leave this one open for another mod to lock if they wish smile

Locomotive98
 Rep: 17 

Locomotive98 wrote:

What a shame but hardly a surprise. Maybe he just wants to be in the 3rd series of Celebrity Rehab as well.

Maybe a spell in the clink may help him out but probably not. People with as much money as Adler can just get away with stuff if they throw enough cash in the right direction. Its such a shame he just carries on like this having thrown so many opportunities away.

Sort it out Popcorn - if you want a classic GNR reunion dont let the rest of the band have to do a tribute gig to you because you died.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I'm shocked. Speechless. Adler sucking on a crack pipe just zooms in out of left field.

nugdafied wrote:

Damn. 17

Here's alittle more information from the LA Times. I had never heard about the '95 incident.

-Adler, 43, was arrested about 4 a.m. by Los Angeles police called to a home in the 2200 block of Canyon Drive, where a man was reportedly refusing to leave and creating a disturbance, said Los Angeles Police Officer April Harding.

-Adler, who has faced drug charges before, drew attention in 1995 when residents alerted police after spotted him suffering from what turned out to be a heroin overdose in his car while parked in a Sherman Oaks neighborhood. He was later charged in connection with the incident.

James

James wrote:

This is a really fucked up situation. While I do joke sometimes regarding this drug stuff, in reality its no joking matter. Drugs ruin lives, and this guy literally had everything and threw it all away. Its a tragedy, and even though he hasn't died, the tragedy is up there with all the rock star casualties.

He was in the greatest band in the world, and on what some consider(including myself) the greatest album ever made. Three years later he's basically a crack whore begging for dope on the streets.

How did it go so wrong? Did his firing REALLY send him that far over the edge? The guy had major talent. I don't care what any of the new GNR nutswingers say. Even the "Duke of cool" himself Izzy said that nothing worked once Adler was removed from the equation. Izzy basically hung on until the UYI release and then bailed.

Why couldn't Adler see he had other options? It wasn't just GNR or bust. He was a well known name at the time. Could have easily found work in established bands. Hell, if the guy had actually cleaned himself up and not trashed the band in magazines, might have even been brought back into GNR.

James

James wrote:

Oh, and I think this latest ordeal definitely puts his chances at being involved in a reunion at below zero.

He just cant function long enough for a reunion's success to rely on him. If/when a reunion happen, ALL 5/6 guys are gonna have to be on their best behavior or it will implode.

Adler walking around with a crack pipe just wont cut the mustard.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

How did it go so wrong? Did his firing REALLY send him that far over the edge? The guy had major talent. I don't care what any of the new GNR nutswingers say. Even the "Duke of cool" himself Izzy said that nothing worked once Adler was removed from the equation. Izzy basically hung on until the UYI release and then bailed.

Why couldn't Adler see he had other options? It wasn't just GNR or bust. He was a well known name at the time. Could have easily found work in established bands. Hell, if the guy had actually cleaned himself up and not trashed the band in magazines, might have even been brought back into GNR.

He's just one of those people. For a real answer you'd need psychic evaluations, childhood, circumstance, state of mind etc. Even then we'd still just be guessing. Jones, Scott, Morrison...some just go all the way.

I wouldn't put too much stock in Izzy's comments. It may have felt that way when he left, but it wasn't only because of Adler. The whole band was falling apart due to a variety of reasons. If the rest of the group had kept their act together it wouldn't be a problem bringing in a new drummer.

Look at them today. Izzy still fears all the pressure from being in a big band. Slash came out of rehab 2 years ago. Axl has gotten better, but the baggage is still there. He's got an extreme need of privacy and positive environment. Guys like Slash and Matt can't provide him with that. They're simply not mature enough.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Oh, and I think this latest ordeal definitely puts his chances at being involved in a reunion at below zero.

He just cant function long enough for a reunion's success to rely on him. If/when a reunion happen, ALL 5/6 guys are gonna have to be on their best behavior or it will implode.

Adler walking around with a crack pipe just wont cut the mustard.

Such a shame.  I really wish he could have been in a reunion.

But everyone is going to have to be clean and well behaved.

When/if a reunion does happen, it will be one of the most volatile in history.  It could implode at any time, and with Adler fucked up like this, it would end way sooner.

James

James wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

He's just one of those people. For a real answer you'd need psychic evaluations, childhood, circumstance, state of mind etc. Even then we'd still just be guessing. Jones, Scott, Morrison...some just go all the way.

I wouldn't put too much stock in Izzy's comments. It may have felt that way when he left, but it wasn't only because of Adler. The whole band was falling apart due to a variety of reasons. If the rest of the group had kept their act together it wouldn't be a problem bringing in a new drummer.

Look at them today. Izzy still fears all the pressure from being in a big band. Slash came out of rehab 2 years ago. Axl has gotten better, but the baggage is still there. He's got an extreme need of privacy and positive environment. Guys like Slash and Matt can't provide him with that. They're simply not mature enough.

I've always thought Adler suffered from a type of "Peter Pan Syndrome". He got stuck in that moment of his life while the world passed him by, so he let crack, heroin,etc. take control.

Sadly, he will probably never be normal again.

Board footer