You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Chinese Democracy Elimination- Round 7

James wrote:

Madagascar was eliminated.

Gotta knock TWAT out of this.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

CD

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

CD

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Tough call. I think they're all pretty equal now, I went with TWAT even though it's a great song. Cd just rocks too hard, harder than anything else in the leaks and harder than radio-rock, plus Axl's in a lower register instead of that occasionally goofy high-pitched voice.

Maybe I'm wrong here, but is it the case that the songs with Axl in a middle register last longer than when he's way up top? CD, Better apart from the intro, TWAT in the verse, Maddy in the last round - they all beat songs where Axl's mostly high like If The World, Riyadh, IRS...

Sky Dog wrote:

cd

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

It's tough cos I like all of them.

I'm going to vote Better yikes

It's funny how the songs have changed for me over the years, originally I didn't like CD and felt it was too weak to be a title track, but it's really grown on me a ton over the years and now I love to rock out to it.

I think TWAT is georgous and has that classic GNR vibe to it, and the intensity in the "I would do anything for you" is awesome...

As for better...it was originally my favourite of the leaks...but its novelty has worn off to an extent...i think some of why I liked it was just because it was nice to hear axl again at the time. With ears that have heard all the leaks we have..better is...loosing points here against these tracks just for structure...the song is going along and then after the first two verses it becomes another song. While this approach as worked well in songs like rocket queen i'm not sure it's always the best part to take...and the masturbating robots/water sounds that are there just to show that they can be make this song inferior to the other two to me.

Don't get me wrong...I still love the track and all the leaks. Just i had to pick one off so i've got harsh about what i like and what i don't to do it.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

cd

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I went with CD.  Tough call though.  TWAT is my winner from here on out though.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

It's time for TWAT to get the fuck out.

I really thought CD would win this.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

You know I really like "Better" but I'm still amazed at how much love that song gets over the other leaks in the GNR community.  I just don't get it.  I rank it no more than 4th or so as far as the leaks go, yet it's mostly regarded as the favorite among the masses.  Maybe I'm missing something.  Especially since "I.R.S." is among my favorites and that got voted out first.

Board footer