You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: The X-FILES Thread

Axlin16 wrote:

The Mummy 3 will also be DOA.

Just watch. TDK will be #1 for a 3rd week. I say The Mummy opens #3 with around $20-25mil.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

The Mummy 3 will also be DOA.

Just watch. TDK will be #1 for a 3rd week. I say The Mummy opens #3 with around $20-25mil.

Nah, it'll open to $40+ million, probably even $50 million or higher.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I just don't think it'll happen. I think people are past the whole "Mummy" craze.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

TDK will be #1 for a third straight week. If it beats the new Mummy opening, expect it to stay at the top for the next few weeks after that. The majority of August, really. The last film to stay at #1 five weeks or more and pull more than $20 million each week was, I believe, The Sixth Sense. Films have become so front-loaded, even since that came out in '99, that I'm still waiting for that next #1 streak. I think TDK stands the best chance in a long time of going the distance. This thing's a phenomenon in every sense of the word. The Mummy will open big, but not huge. Like it's been said, it's a dated "craze." The X-Files failed to connect with a broad audience for a similar reason, although I personally enjoyed the movie and it's still my favorite TV show.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Is it even possible to finish this movie? Tried watching it tonight, but damn.........snoozeville city. I barely made it 20 minutes in before I had to turn it off. Might try watching it again tomorrow.

This shouldn't have been a movie. It would have been better suited as a special prime time episode on TV. Also, the whole Mulder and Scully thing is old news, and nothing I saw made me nostalgic for the series. Lame plot, and how it was set up(Mulder on the run but the FBI gives him a "free pass" if he'll help) is just really bad writing. They took the easy way out to bring these two characters back together.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Agreed. I finally got around to watching this, and I feel it was like a reunion movie released to theaters.

Reunion movies are rarely anything special, and usually just come across as 'extra' episodes, and that's if they're good.

AtariLegend wrote:

I was a huge X Files fan, have every episode on DVD. "I want to believe" was bad, I wouldn't even called it reunion film. Most of the stand alone episode especially from the season's 1-4 would had more interesting ideas for a throw away film. Pretty sure if they ever make the "X Files 2012" film that they've been trying to get financed for while that it'll pretend that the 2nd film never existed.

Last I read Duchovny and Anderson were rumored to be together secretly in real life now, after she left the guy she was with.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Mulder and Scully together in real life... how weird would that be.

Regardless that "X-Files 2012" should've been the second film anyways. That's what should've happened, is a follow-up to the series finale. Mulder, Scully, Doggett, Reyes & Skinner all facing their reckoning at the end of the world with the final alien battle, with the ghosts of Mr. X and Deep Throat dropping by (is he even still alive?)

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

Just picked up the new film on DVD for £0.50 16 Not seen it yet but caught about 10 minutes of it on TV the other night and thought it looked good enough to pick up and watch.

I was a fan of the series upto around series 4 but have never seen past there as I just got bored by it. Like others mentioned I preferred the standalone episodes and not the conspiracy episodes which as I recall became much more frequent around series 4.

Tempted to pick up all of the series on ebay for £50 but doubt Id have time to watch them all and I already have series 1 on DVD (the best season).

Board footer