You are not logged in. Please register or login.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

Re: GNR's 'Democracy' To Be Retail Exclusive?

strat0 wrote:

honestly if they do do this, I'll end up buying the unedited version on iTunes, and burn my own disc lol, but I would try and find an unedited physical copy too just because of what this is.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Exactly. I purchased Halloween 2007: Unrated Director's Cut - which is technically considered an X by the MPAA and to not be purchased by anyone under the age of 18, 21 in some places.

Yet all of the albums are edited. There's no logic.

I HATE shopping at Wal-Mart. But I live on a budget, and have no choice. And if GN'R strike some deal to see a big special price first release of CD in stores, if not a box set on sale or some kind of promotion... i'm down whether I like it or not.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
machine24 wrote:

If they do this with Wal Mart, would that be considered a sell out move?

GNR sold out decades ago, so Walmart doesn't sway anything in that regard.

I don't have any issues with those two retailers killing mom and pop shops.

I most certainly do. It played a bigger role in killing the music industry than downloads did.

If you don't possess a skill that can't be easily replaced by someone who speaks poor english and lives 15k miles away, the last person(s) you should be mad at our the employers.  Unions drive up the costs of production which result in higher prices which result in less sales which result in less revenue.  I'm not going to go on a rant here, but there's nothing wrong with competition.  You earn what you're worth and unskilled labor isn't worth very much.

What in the hell does that have to do with Wal Mart/Best Buy and the record industry putting record stores out of business? The discs are made by starving kids in China no matter where they are sold at. So how does Salty's Record Attic "earn what you're worth" but you hold Wal Mart up so high? That unskilled labor is in sweat shops in China. Has no relevance to where and why the product gets sold here.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Yep.

Ironically I can remember an interview with Axl back at the release of the UYI albums where he says K-Mart & Wal-Mart refusing to carry the albums because of the PA was costing them major sales.

Yet now, Wal-Mart might just be the company to SAVE Chinese Democracy from being a financial flop.

The irony.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
strat0 wrote:

honestly if they do do this, I'll end up buying the unedited version on iTunes, and burn my own disc lol, but I would try and find an unedited physical copy too just because of what this is.

That's the problem. If they have an exclusive deal with Wal-Mart, you won't be able to buy it on iTunes. Now, I am hoping the album doesn't even need a P.A. label and thus it won't matter if Wal-Mart is the only place selling it.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Axlin08 wrote:

Yep.

Ironically I can remember an interview with Axl back at the release of the UYI albums where he says K-Mart & Wal-Mart refusing to carry the albums because of the PA was costing them major sales.

Yet now, Wal-Mart might just be the company to SAVE Chinese Democracy from being a financial flop.

The irony.

Very good point.  Further proof that people shouldn't let personal politics get involved with their music and vice versa.  If you support Guns N' Roses, you'll buy the album anyway you can, be it going into wal-mart or using I-Tunes.  Someone who refuses to buy a copy of this album for some contradictory ideal isn't a real fan.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Someone who refuses to buy a copy of this album for some contradictory ideal isn't a real fan.

I don't need you telling me how much of a fan I am simply because I hate Wal Mart and what they stand for. I'm the administrator of a GNR site. Obviously I'm a fan.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

If the album is sold exclusively through Wal-Mart, I think its safe to say that the album wouldnt have been a Parental Advisory album to begin with. They are going to negotiate the album as it is, not make the album suitable for a retailer to sell.

Board footer