You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: New Design......

monkeychow wrote:

Cool thanks james. Didn't mean to sound critical - i love this site and all the work you guys do smile

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Nothing wrong with critical. We want(and need) feedback on whats going on.

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Those aren't current features. Not seeing those things isn't a glitch.

You guys gotta remember.....the site is a work in progress. It might always be a work in progress. There will always be new features added.

thanks for the clarification. i didn't mean to sound criticizing. i was wondering if i missed a checkbox or something.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:
supaplex wrote:

is there a way to make the avatars appear a little bigger?

It's being considered for the next update. Just cant decide if its best to reduce width of the middle column, right sidebar, or just increase the entire forum width.

For now you can view larger avatars by clicking on the username to see their profile.

supaplex wrote:

i can't see everybody's titles or post counts. is there an option that i missed to hide them?

Both are available in user profiles. We're gonna try this format for a while. If someone can offer a good enough reason for displaying post count instead of Karma they could be changed tongue

TheMole wrote:

Only bug left for me is the quick-reply box (too wide), but I don't use that anyway.

Any chance you could post up a screenshot for us? Would like to get it fixed smile

supaplex wrote:

i can't see any signatures and in my profile i checked the "see other users signatures" box.

Yup, they've gone too. Relegated to profiles along with titles and post count. One advantage is that we could now allow images to be included in signatures effectly letting everyone have there own image gallery in there profile. We can probably hack it together for members to include youtube videos in there too.

New additions to the profiles (which are also still being worked on) include "About me" area and "Interests" for finding other members with similiar interests to yourself. View my profile and click on my one and only interest wink

monkeychow wrote:

i miss that it used to say what forum the post was in

I thought this had been added back in already hmm Will include in next update.

James Lofton wrote:

We also realize there is some sort of private message glitch

There certainly is. Fixed in the next update smile

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:
downliner wrote:
supaplex wrote:

i can't see everybody's titles or post counts. is there an option that i missed to hide them?

Both are available in user profiles. We're gonna try this format for a while. If someone can offer a good enough reason for displaying post count instead of Karma they could be changed tongue

i noticed they are available in user profile, i was wondering if they could appear under the avatar like before because i'm lazy like that 16 . i don't care about post counts, i was more interested in the custom titles

downliner wrote:
supaplex wrote:

i can't see any signatures and in my profile i checked the "see other users signatures" box.

Yup, they've gone too. Relegated to profiles along with titles and post count. One advantage is that we could now allow images to be included in signatures effectly letting everyone have there own image gallery in there profile. We can probably hack it together for members to include youtube videos in there too.

New additions to the profiles (which are also still being worked on) include "About me" area and "Interests" for finding other members with similiar interests to yourself. View my profile and click on my one and only interest wink

nice. now i can close my findyourmatch.com forum account and search for my other half here 16 19

one other thing, under the title of the topic it used to say who initiated it. is that gone too?

thanks a lot for the clarifications

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:
supaplex wrote:

one other thing, under the title of the topic it used to say who initiated it. is that gone too?

I'd like to "me too" this one. I often decide if a thread is worth opening based on the initiator, it's something that I really miss now. If it's a space issue, I would suggest replacing the last poster in the thread with the thread initiator.

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:
downliner wrote:
TheMole wrote:

Only bug left for me is the quick-reply box (too wide), but I don't use that anyway.

Any chance you could post up a screenshot for us? Would like to get it fixed smile

I think you can safely ignore that. It's probably 'cause of the theme I'm using on that particular linux machine (firefox 3 finally decided to integrate the gnome look and feel inside the web pages themselves, but the support is still quite buggy). I'm on my linux laptop now (different gtk2 theme) and it looks absolutely perfect. I absolutely love the design.

Will

Will wrote:
TheMole wrote:

I often decide if a thread is worth opening based on the initiator, it's something that I really miss now. If it's a space issue, I would suggest replacing the last poster in the thread with the thread initiator.

It really comes down to being a space issue correct smile The forum is still being worked on and you're request has been noted. If you have any other ideas for where we can place the thread initiators username please post them up. I know for a fact that if I remove the last posters username we'll have a riot on our hands 16

Recent Forum Updates: (off top of my head & apologies to those Ive missed)

Guns N Roses Discography (40+ Additions courtesy of Neemo)
Matt Sorum Discography (6 Additions courtesy of A Private Eye)
Buckethead Discography (6 Additions courtesy of polluxlm)
Chris Pitman Discography (7 Additions courtesy of Neemo)
Bumblefoot Discography (~30 Additions courtesy of Neemo)
Guns N Roses Managers (4 Additions courtesy of Aussie)
GNR Articles / Chinese Whispers (updates courtesy of sic.)
2 New Banners [see sidebar] (courtesy of dreamline)
Guns N Roses Photo Galleries (updates courtesy of everyone who has replied to the threads already 22 )
Bug testing on profiles is going well.
#1 / #2 / etc added to posts/topics. Right click on a number a select "Copy shortcut" (in Internet Explorer) or "Copy Link Location" (in Firefox) to get the URL for that specific post/reply.

So much more that I know I've forgotten about so again to those I've overlooked accept my apologies. Too busy updating to make a complete list of updates 16

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Any reason the "Date posted" stamp was done away with??  Before it would say "Posted on 8/22/08 at 10:15am"  Now it just says "Posted 41 hours ago".

Not a huge deal, but I kinda like the other way of seeing when the post was made.

Will

Will wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Any reason the "Date posted" stamp was done away with??  Before it would say "Posted on 8/22/08 at 10:15am"  Now it just says "Posted 41 hours ago".

Takes up less room on screen, and it offers a quicker representation of when something was posted. Instead of having to manually work out how old a thread is this tells ya instantly smile

Anyone else prefer the original format? hmm

Board footer