You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Acquiesce
 Rep: 30 

Re: Slash talks about Chinese Democracy and Axl !

Acquiesce wrote:

It's not hypocrisy. There is a clear difference between giving a copy to a former member of the band and streaming a copy on the web so millions of people can download before the release. It's your assumption that Slash has the same leaked tracks. No, Axl won't be giving Slash a copy, but he is well liked and respected in the industry enough that someone along the chain could have given him a copy.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

i see im not gonna get anywhere, im gonna give up
its not important anyway..bed time

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Dizzy gave Slash a copy of the album.

OH SNAP!

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

He's bitching about a guy trying to make himself a celebrity and a martyr by releasing someone else's work prematurely. Slash, the former lead fucking guitarist of Guns N' Roses beind handed a fresh, mastered copy of CD in a hush-hush manner by a mutual friend in the same circle like Marc Canter or Izzy is totally different than some blogger douche ripping the shit off, STEALING IT, and posting it to ride a wave of free publicity. And he's still milking it for all it's worth. Skwerl's a piece of shit and not a true fan of anything but himself. I'm glad the FBI stomped his ass.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
mickronson wrote:

i like Slash...as it happens. im just pointing out the 2 faced hyprocrisy  of the whole thing.
dont bitch about some guy leaking when you have a cd in your hands of the same leaked tracks....thats probably from the same guy that leaked to begin with...   Slash is an EX member btw.  you think axl or anyone to do with him gave him a cd.. no

I know you gave up and went to bed, but the only way the 2 situations would be closely similar is if Slash streamed the material on his website.  That's it.  If you think he should've made a citizens arrest or called the police to turn the guy in for giving him a copy of CD, I don't think that's the way to go.  As people have pointed out it's a lot different than making the material available to millions of people.

Slash is being awfully kind to Axl/GNR these days.  Coincidence???  Seriously though, really nice of him to give those positive comments.  He could've easily just said it was okay or different.  He went into a little detail though.  Good to see.  Possibly laying the groundwork for a BIG ASS PAYDAY somewhere down the line.  Or maybe he's trying to make amends for all the negative comments he's made about Axl in his book and elsewhere in the past.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

YEah overall i always see slash has reasonably positive about Axl considering the history. Like he sometimes makes remarks about the going on late, and lead singers...but in general i've seen a lot of interviews where people start talkiing shit about Axl and slash minimises it. KInda classy I like it. And, more likely for us to one day see a reunion when thsy show each other a bit of respect.

The thing people forget is that whatever else, these guys were once good friends and went through a lot together.  I don't think slash is filled with hate.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Wow. Copies of the album are in circulation. That's much more interesting than tirades against Slash.

I smell leaks in the air.....

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Wow. Copies of the album are in circulation. That's much more interesting than tirades against Slash.

I smell leaks in the air.....

That is if what he heard weren't the leaks we already got.

Board footer