You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Captain Winkler
 Rep: -17 

Re: There was a time live

Does anyone have any videos of TWAT being played live, i remember them on youtube before i cared about nuGNR and didnt bother watching them, now i am really curious to see what it was like. or maybe i am mistaken and TWAT was never played live?

harmon420
 Rep: 20 

harmon420 wrote:

It's played live at one of the New York (i think that's the city). You might still be able to find it on youtube but they've been cracking down lately. But a live version of T.W.A.T. does exist.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

If i'm not mistaken it was played live twice...once at NY as above and one shortly after on the same tour..i forget where but somewhere like spain or soemthing

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

It was played at Hammerstein and one of the Euro shows. Only listened once because it was vomit inducing. Axl didn't sound all that great and the outro was atrocious. Used to have a couple boots and that was on one of them. Was on my old comp though.

Someone here surely has it and will post it up.

It was played on May 12th in New York and on May 25th in Madrid.

I have the FLAC and MP3 audio for both and the two videos with different sources from Hammerstein - unfortunately I don't have my external hard drive here at the moment.

But if someone doesn't beat me to it I'll upload them as soon as I can.

And in case someone wants to know... There is video footage from Madrid but not for There Was a Time. At least not for the general public to see.

Here's a YouTube video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97zWks16LQI

I'd recommend a listen to Robin's second solo and the outro. They're awesome.

Captain Winkler

ok thanx smile

Captain Winkler

do we definitively know who wrote the guitar parts on TWAT? i've seen a lot of people say bucket, has that been confirmed or not?
thanx for the vid btw

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

not as bad as i was expecting

BBF didn't do too badly - parts of it sound reasonably similar

theres no doubt BH has a cleaner, more distinct and emotional sound though

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Madrid was better than NYC, but both were awful. I assume like Estranged, because of the complexity practice makes perfect.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Regardless of the quality, I'd love to hear a soundboard recording of the song. It's a damn shame that we never managed to get one.

Board footer