You are not logged in. Please register or login.

sic.
 Rep: 150 

Re: Chinese Democracy release date?

sic. wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:

So will there be more than one disc like the UYI discs?  Can't wait to know the details.

It's naturally possible.

"The Big Damn Band, an Indianapolis-based roots blues trio, served as the supporting act for the Derek Trucks Band Feb. 23 at the Roxy Theatre in Hollywood, Calif. Rose caught Trucks in action, and then hit a VIP party at upstairs bar On the Rox. Big Damn Band members the Rev. Josh Peyton, Breezy Peyton and Jayme Peyton also attended the party.

Beyond the high-profile gig on the West Coast, the arrival of Jayme's birthday at midnight gave the group reason to celebrate. [...] Jayme says the party eventually moved to Trucks' tour bus, where Rose produced a CD and previewed some of 'Chinese Democracy' - which the singer said will be sold as a 3-disc collection." (Celebratedsounds, 03/02/06)

Axl and his cohorts have consistently said he has about three albums worth of material. Axl and Sean Beavan both said that by the time Beavan left the project in early '00, there was enough to cover two separate albums. The additional tracks were done during the additional writing/recording stint with Roy Thomas Baker in 2001, which was the last great year of the band working as a singular unit in the studio. The Beavan tracks mostly go back to around 1998.

Dumping the motherload all at once maybe the thing which makes the Best Buy deal a necessity - a controlled, UYI-like release of three separate albums, CD vol I, II and III. Just open the Pandora's Box out into the open for good and push everything you've got to the consumers. If we get one disc, one CD, it'll have to stand to unbearable scrutiny and the sales of the follow-ups greatly depend upon the general response to that one, ever-evading disc.

Three albums at once would take everyone by storm, would out-do the UYI's regarding the amount of discs, and might alleviate the public reaction as to what the hell Ax's been up to all these years. Singular tracks / discs might get it easier if people'd suddenly have a whole slew of material to digest. Geffen could ride the wave and collect their $13M from the collective sales of all three discs (and their 'special editions' - vinyls[?]) - and just sit back and see what's going to happen after this sorry saga has been removed from accounting and filed into the history books.

Azoff and Axl would clear the table in one great sweep, Axl'd go out touring again with a great big back catalogue, keep going for a few years and then decide whether Irving should place a call for certain someones.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

interesting as hell huh...Didn't axl recently ask baz to stop talking about the 3 albums worth of stuff though saying he only has 1 album of finished stuff....i'm thinking maybe its just the pretty colors changing on the cd box...

deadsouth
 Rep: 10 

deadsouth wrote:

I can quote axl from the Eddie trunk show in 06, sayin it was one album...

Who knows anything really...

oh, and here the backdoor to that dutch website...

http://64.233.183.104/search?q=cache:49 … 55C%27%2BR

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:

Plans change, as ever in the GNR world.

I'm not going to got out of my way to testify that there will be three separate albums released at once. Just saying it's a possibility, as Axl also mentions in the Trunk show that they do have around 2½-3 albums worth of material in the can.

We'll know better soon enough.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Also, the more expensive versions do in fact say "LP" before the title. That's very good news for me.

Great. We always figured this would get a vinyl release since all GNR albums are on vinyl, but its good to know we're getting it for sure.

Something interesting is that the listings say "BBY Version" after each of them. So I would imagine that those who have thought the Best Buy exclusive would be limited and a different version would be made available elsewhere later are probably right.

I don't know if it was a Best Buy exclusive(think it was though), but when I forced myself to buy Contraband, it came with a bonus disc that had 3 extra tracks.

The Australian Tour Edition? Aside from the variant colors initially pressed, Best Buy sold the same versions of Contraband as everyone else.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

No Monk, Axl told Baz to stop talking about FOUR albums. There would not be four albums.

Doesn't mean three can't happen. Then again, Baz might have been spoiling information for the GN'R camp, and it still could very well be happening. He was told to stop letting the cat out of the bag. Which is very likely.

Thanks for the info russ, the vinyl's are happening and honestly after the information you saw, i'm starting to feel more and more that it's gonna be three albums. Why would each version say "BBY Version", when it's already established that it's a particular version? The SKU info comes across more like CD I (BBY Version), CD II (BBY Version, CD III (BBY Version). There's no way, GN'R would put out three different versions of the SAME album, EVERYWHERE in the U.S. and possibly in the world. Why? Why spend that kind of money on pressings?

I'm just starting to think it's three albums with the more info that comes out. Plus, with the Vinyl's. LP's aren't exactly 'big' sellers these days. What financial sense would it make for GN'R to release THREE records of the same album? How would it sell? It'd be catering to diehards EVEN MORE than three 'versions' of the same album on CD.

Only way this whole thing would be profitable, and make sense, with that many versions is if they are in fact three seperate albums, each with their own version available at BBY. Then everyone else will get the three in a "regular release format".

BBY is obviously gonna have some bonuses with these things one way or the other.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
von wrote:

The Australian Tour Edition? Aside from the variant colors initially pressed, Best Buy sold the same versions of Contraband as everyone else.

Didn't say anything about a tour edition. I was at Best Buy to get the latest U2 album, and I saw Contraband on the shelves with a bonus disc(Surrender, No More No More, and Negative Creep) and since I still hadn't bought it, decided to get it.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

Yeah, that came out as an Australian Tour Edition and then sort of got "ported" as a special edition outside of Australia later on. Never picked that one up, because I bought the original version when it came out. I got suckered into picking up the Best Buy limited edition of Libertad though. The one with the bonus DVD. Totally wasn't worth it for the DVD. I'm not much into "exclusive" content. I just want the album, and preferably on vinyl.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

Didn't Azoff or whoever else say in the Best Buy Leaks that the album will contain 15 or 16 tracks?

Board footer