You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Re: Chinese Democracy release date?

Whining out of habit? I have to say I have some complaints about how this has been handled that I feel are valid. Do we have Shackler's Revenge? I don't even know the answer to that question. I think a hardcore fan should know whether or not he has a certain song. And how do we find out about If The World being use din a film? From a cell phone recorded audio. No announcements. No downloads. Nothing. The deal may be done but there has been no official word about anything. I think it's pretty pathetic that at this stage in the game their website's front page is'reacts to arrest'.

Think the website will mention the album when it's released? I have my doubts.

NickNasty2009
 Rep: 2 

the sky is indeed falling

and i'm happy.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I don't think the website will have much of anything. When its announced, that will be on there obviously.

You have valid complaints, but none of what is going on is surprising. There was never going to be "in your face" promotion for this. The talk over the years about commercials, huge billboards in cities, huge grassroots(hello street teams!) campaign,etc. were just pipe dreams.

We're weeks away from this, and there's been not one peep. Is that normal? Of course not. This is coming in almost below radar. If Axl wants to release this beast but do it without drawing a ton of attention to the record, I have no problem with it.

gunnermatt2004
 Rep: 1 

wouldn't you think that they would allow if the world to appear on the body of lies soundtrack though ? i mean if this is the big push for a late nov release a song played at the end of a major blockbuster only in the credits as a teaser is odd considering its not on the actual soundtrack:headbang:

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
gunnermatt2004 wrote:

wouldn't you think that they would allow if the world to appear on the body of lies soundtrack though ? i mean if this is the big push for a late nov release a song played at the end of a major blockbuster only in the credits as a teaser is odd considering its not on the actual soundtrack:headbang:

That means the song is not available in that form if they only put it on the end credits.  Not exactly a bad tactic.

gunnermatt2004

fair enough point Saikin but doesn't that say that it's only a teaser meaning the album is further off than a late nov release ? i mean  surely good money was spent on this promotion so why not fully utilise it? i saw the movie last night and the song snippet come and went pretty quickly though  i waited for the song credits to roll it seems much more like an axl here's a little but not alot campaign we have all seen along this cd saga.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

You saw the movie? Was If The World the first song played in the credits? and did you stay thru to the Patton-Tankien song?

gunnermatt2004

i heard the patton-tankien song yes and it sounded good too and if the world was played right as the movie was ending

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I don't think the website will have much of anything. When its announced, that will be on there obviously.

You have valid complaints, but none of what is going on is surprising. There was never going to be "in your face" promotion for this. The talk over the years about commercials, huge billboards in cities, huge grassroots(hello street teams!) campaign,etc. were just pipe dreams.

We're weeks away from this, and there's been not one peep. Is that normal? Of course not. This is coming in almost below radar. If Axl wants to release this beast but do it without drawing a ton of attention to the record, I have no problem with it.

And see that's where some issues arise.

Axl wanting this album to just drop, seems alot like him. This is a man that announces stuff or reacts to stuff at the very last minute, or after the fact. Never ahead of the game.

I also wonder if the album is THAT bad. If they are not proud of the material, which by their attitude the last 10 years, all signs point to yes. Otherwise we'd gotten an album by 1998, called "2000 Intentions". They might know it's 'so so'.

Then there's the flipside. The album might be GREAT. But due to DUMB ASS fans who, because it's Shackler's Revenge or Oh My God or Silkworms, it must suck because it's industrial-influenced. Which is not the case. Dated, yes, suck? We'll see. But like with Oh My God & the 2006 Press Release before it, they are softasses who can't handle even the slightest ridicule, and the album could be great, but they'd hold back because "they're skeeered".

But if "this beast" is released under the radar with little to no promotion, not a shock, it'll be a footnote to quite possibly the biggest cluster/mindfuck in the history of rock albums. Why, after all these years, all the battles, all the wait, all the big big big, all the epic-ness of the whole fuckin' thing, all the drama... that this album just drops and within a blink of an eye it's over.

Head scratcher of the century.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

I don't think so......

The album was rejected in '02 not because it was "bad" but because it was a asking to be released with non gnr members with a non gnr sound but under the gnr name.

as far as promo. Whether or not the album is "bad" in '08 they have decided to release it and they will still do everything necessary to recoup money on their investment, whether you are talking about universal or best buy. you've all seen some of the crap that is played on the radio. these days you can almost sell anything if you market it properly.

Board footer