You are not logged in. Please register or login.

GNRBABY
 Rep: 4 

Re: Worth the Wait???

GNRBABY wrote:

Everyone is different. I'm excited to hear the finished version of CD. I feel that each song will be slightly different than what we have heard, and Catcher In Rye will be very different I hope, basically it will count as a new song to me. So for me there are 4 new songs...

But, I'll say that I LOVE Prostitute, It's one of my favorite of all the leaks. My favs are Better, IRS. The Blues, and Chinese Democracy.

My least liked are Rhiad and If The World....Shackler's is quite weak too IMO.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

The album will be worth the price simply for Catcher in the Rye. I understand the disappointment in a leak heavy tracklist, but we all should have expected this years ago. Also have high expectations for Riyadh and CD.

Nothing is worth that long of a wait. Not from any band/artist. I don't think the album should be approached while measuring its time. They clearly didn't work on it that long, and the bulk of it was finished years ago.

GNRBABY
 Rep: 4 

GNRBABY wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

The album will be worth the price simply for Catcher in the Rye.

I know for my dollar it will 22 CITR is the track I'm most excited to hear :beer:I'm sure there will be songs better than the leaks and worse than the leaks...I'm hoping for more out of TWAT and Maddy - two song I love, but just not "there" yet IMO...

Remember, I think all GNR is good and when I say I don't care for Rhiad too much, that only means I like it less than all other GNR, but more than any other artist big_smile 3

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Not to get obsessive about the Rhyming thing...buy can I mention:

"I don't need your civil WAR, it feeds the rich while ir buries the POOR"

"Welcome to the Jungle, We've got fun and GAMES, we've got everything you want, honey we know the NAMES"

I'm sure there would be hundreds more...

The use of this kind of thing has always been part of Axl's style. So i don't think there's any real case to say that the new material is lyrically weaker than the old due to rhyming.

I agree with james that nothing can live up to anything, and I think the leaks..while they got people through...took away a lot of the magic for some too...imagine if we'd heard nothing then everything at once...

For me its all been worth it. I'm really excited since I saw those best buy promos and let myself belive they really are releasing the album. I think the tracks we have make a great album, different to old GNR, but certainly one of the top records of my life....and mixed properly will be truely awesome!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

From what we've heard, Riyadh looks to be the band's most ambitious track, and its a travesty we had shitty quality bootlegs to judge it on for years. The leak was as close to mind blowing as anything we've heard. Its the track that drifts furthest from the GNR sound. Not groundbreaking in the least, but could easily fit between Crash Victim and Animal Behavior on Transmutation.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I'm most excited to hear This I Love. I mean that track is the oldest rumored new track to be in the works of them all.

I'm also very curious on Catcher, but also to hear what the final version of Madagascar will sound like.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

Thanks for the replies, it is very interesting to hear old friends as well as new ones' opinions.  Catcher in the Rye recorded properly will definitely be one of my most anticipated tracks, just behind This I Love and (of course) the three unheard tracks.  While I would have loved to have found more unheard tracks on the final list I still find myself at least moderately filled with anticipation.  Now...will there really be a couple more discs in the near future?

I am looking forward to hearing the album,while some will say that it's not as good as the old stuff,I think it will be a cool album anyway,as for  more disc(s) in the future I guess we'll have to wait and see. 22

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:

Will it be worth all this wait?  Even AFD wouldn't have been worth all this wait.  BUT!  I'm pretty sure this will be a great record.  Can't wait to hear a finalized CITR.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah CITR is an awesome track...lots of room for changes too since it dates from 99, think about how IRS changed over it's lifetime....

I would have been sad if the leaks had been dumped. I've grown to know and love them...and am glad to see finalised versions of them making it out into the world!

Board footer