You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Guns N Roses 'Street Team' possibilities

James wrote:

Since the hardcore fans are already playing a role in the promotion, figured we could have a thread dedicated specifically to ideas, strategies,etc. that could be used. I'm not too fond of the radio approach being used everywhere, but I guess it was to be expected. I'm sure other artists fans take a similar approach. This 'grass roots' campaign that's starting should dig a bit deeper in the grass.

Instead of pushing the track a bit higher on the request line just for the sake of it, maybe fans who are into this aspect should pay a bit more attention to getting the word out through different avenues.

* Having Chinese Democracy related art on your myspace/Facebook profile

* Starting CD threads on non GNR websites

* Sending out bulletins on those sites

* Having CD related signatures/avatars on non GNR sites you post at

* Have the title track playing on your profile on any sites(myspace,etc.) that have that feature (this isn't feasible until GNR allow it)

* Giving out physical copies of the track to friends/family

* Buying the track the moment it hits Itunes, Napster,etc.

Any other feasible ways for the fans to be involved in 'the trenches' and actually play a role(however small) in the album's success?

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I sent the link to CD out to the people I know in radio.  I didn't ask them what they thought, nor do I care what they thought...I just wanted them to have the songs since they are going to know people that are going to be interested.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

print of pictures or simple signs with gn'r chinese democracy *release date of wherever you live* on stuff in your town.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

you did more than me buzzsaw

haha...i asked my wife if she heard it on the way to work 14

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

Glad to see I"m not the only one sending out myspace bulletins about this.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

I emailed the link around to a whole lot of friends.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

* Letting Perez Hilton know that not only is TWAT not the single, least of all the old school TWAT demo he's linked off of YouTube, but that it in fact rocks anyway. It must be a charmed life to be a fat, talentless loser who spends his time tearing down the creative works of others while hiding behind a created online persona to alleviate the pain of being "the fat queen" in high school.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Karma for that post.

I met Perez once, he seemed to be an alright guy, i've just never quite understood a blogger who makes a career out of just making other people's lives miserable.

Same goes for Harvey Levin and obvious 'loser' staff over at TMZ.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Perez Hilton just wants Axl to degrade him in a classic rant of his.  But I don't think he's worthy of such an honor.

Board footer