You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: B-Real: 'Chinese Democracy Is Not Real GNR'

Axlin16 wrote:

As long as credit is given where it's due. I don't believe in any way, the same nutswinging attitude towards Slash & Izzy will be extended to Bucket & Tommy (or whoever else majorly contributed).

Which immediately kills any kind of validity of the statement of "Axl needs the guys around him". Because if that statement is only said for Slash & Izzy, it shows an old band bias, not really having anything to do with giving credit, but just Slashites beating off to an age old argument of "Axl's nothing without Slash or Izzy".

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

it's definitely not all about axl

but for argument's sake: if you put all of the musicians featured on cd in a room with a really good singer/lyricist and told them to write 14 songs you wouldn't have anything close to this good. axl has the ability to pull everything together and twist and tweek until it is something special where as in a lot of other bands the songer is just that, a singer.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

This isn't that good. To tell the truth I think it's a shame that it's all they can afford after all these years, all the money spent and all the people involved. My opinion is based on the leaks, of course, since I haven't heard the record.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Now THAT I agree with mik.

Even as a fan of this stuff, I can honestly say, unless that $13+ mil was spent towards material on future albums.... THIS is what $13mil buys?

I haven't heard anything here that even comes close to justifying the budget.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

i think it's obvious the 13 mil bought everything the band worked on over the years which apparently adds up to 2-3 respectable albums

Saboteur
 Rep: 4 

Saboteur wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

This isn't that good. To tell the truth I think it's a shame that it's all they can afford after all these years, all the money spent and all the people involved. My opinion is based on the leaks, of course, since I haven't heard the record.

I agree with you. I have told my friends how awesome this album will be, how much money they spent and how great musicians were involved in making of CD and now I can't even say that CD is even good.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

As long as credit is given where it's due. I don't believe in any way, the same nutswinging attitude towards Slash & Izzy will be extended to Bucket & Tommy (or whoever else majorly contributed).

Which immediately kills any kind of validity of the statement of "Axl needs the guys around him". Because if that statement is only said for Slash & Izzy, it shows an old band bias, not really having anything to do with giving credit, but just Slashites beating off to an age old argument of "Axl's nothing without Slash or Izzy".

The difference is that the old band was a band.  This project is a collection of different groups of musicians. 

DLR moved from Eddie to a more technically proficient guitar player with Vai.   Is anybody saying that DLR and Vai should have just been Van Halen?

There are very few Vai "nutswingers", but millions of people worship the ground Eddie walks on. 

Still, none of that makes Skyscraper a bad album.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Eat Em and Smile and Skyscraper shit all over at least half the VH discography.

GNRBABY
 Rep: 4 

GNRBABY wrote:

B-Real is a Douche Bag roll He's simply jealous his band can't sell a record even with CH's original line-up... What a crock, and he should know better than to pick on Axl, because Axl will not go quietly into the night...

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

B-real has little credibility for me to pay any attention to anything spewing from his mouth but this time he may be right.  As one of the fans who have awaited this album for 14 YEARS I can say I am very much disappointed.  I do like Better,Catcher, T.W.A.T, I.R.S., Chinese Democracy and The Blues but the rest sounds very very disappointing.  Scraped MAY be pretty good but as a whole the album certainly doesn't meet my personal expectations.  I knew it couldn't possibly warrant the wait/hype but I would have been MUCH happier if the rest of the music had been on the same level as the '06 leaks...in my opinion THEY ARE NOT>

With that said I am still glad to see the album coming out.  Six good songs is better than zero!!  Axl DOES sound great as well and the writing is good.  In a perfect scenario some of the other songs will be elevated from "mediocre" to "good" in the final mixes.  Better yet there will be some huge surprsises with the tracks for the next (hard to believe I'm saying that) album.

Board footer