You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: GUNS N' ROSES' 'Chinese Democracy' Single Best 'Mainstream Rock' Debut

Sky Dog wrote:

someone please tell me why people can't understand this? Read again Texas
"According to Billboard.biz, GUNS N' ROSES' new single, "Chinese Democracy", has made a splashy bow across a bevy of Billboard's and Radio and Records' rock airplay charts '” after only five days of airplay. It debuts at No. 12 on Mainstream Rock, No. 15 on Active Rock, No. 37 on Modern Rock and No. 7 on Rock. On Billboard's Mainstream Rock chart, which began in 1981, it's the band's best debut since 1991 when "Don't Cry" opened at No. 4."

I'm sorry, but comments like that make my blood boil. I need to stay out of these discussions.:headbang::flame:

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Yeah, it's also based on airplay.  The question then becomes "why was it played so often?", which is a whole different topic.

Sky Dog wrote:

that is all you can go by.....every thing else is guess work and personal opinion.....Azoff/Iovine payola probably helps as well! 13

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

correct, madagas

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Has there been any word on a music video?  If this album is gonna sell, they're gonna need a video to get the MTV crowd

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Has there been any word on a music video?  If this album is gonna sell, they're gonna need a video to get the MTV crowd

I would think if there was going to be a CD video, it would be out already.  My guess is single #2 gets the royal treatment right before the album is released...video, commercials, other advertising, etc.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I agree buzz. I think if we were going to get a CD video, at least to 'promote' the album. It would've happened by now.

Remember with the Illusion albums, the 'big effort' was labored all in their BALLAD releases. So whatever is the next single (most likely a ballad), will be the one to see the first video imo.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

I think Better should be their video.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I think TWAT should be

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

There could very well still be a video.  The videos sometimes come well after a single is released.  Shinedown released their second single "Second Chance", and still haven't put out a video, tho there is one in the works. 

I think a video would still be a great idea.  Staggering the release of a single and a video for the single kinda gives the song a second push.  First it makes news because the song is on radio, then it makes news because a video is released.  It could still happen.

Board footer