You are not logged in. Please register or login.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

Re: Obama calls for mandatory youth service.

tejastech08 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

You call that 'down the middle'? People being forced into service isn't paranoia. I know everyone wants to live in la la land for a bit longer before the reality sets in, but we're already getting glimpses of the coming reality and its not pretty.

I remember libs bitching about Wolfowitz having various books/papers about reshaping the middle east. Gonzales said all kinds of garbage as well. Those things became reality(a nightmare to some, death to others). We're getting glimpses of coming policies again, but since its the messiah its all peaches and cream.

You're right though. He's an extension of the status quo.

Welcome to Bush's third term with more spending, bigger government, more taxes, and more rights taken away.

A year from now you'll see more liberals bitching about this clown than you will conservatives. Only difference is this time the blame falls on all the liberals.

No, it's more that I'm certain Obama's full of shit on 99.99999999% his "promises." He's going to govern like Clinton because he knows he can't get re-elected if he goes ultra liberal.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Never will happen.

Never.

There will be no way to enforce it, and America is too far seperated from the draft days (even though this is different) to make people do it.

I won't be participating. Not that I don't want to, but when people "tell" me to... problems arise.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Sheesh, everything is a huge conspiracy to you. And I am curious. Why would it matter to you? Aren't you in Europe? The common thread linking mainstream politicians of both parties in the United States is that they pretty much govern in a manner that is friendly to the corporations and even when they try to take away our rights, our Constitution is usually strong enough to fight back against it. There's also a thing called elections. As long as those are around, the fuckers can't really do much of anything to us because they'll get sent out on a rail in no time.

Not everything. I don't believe Ken Lay attended sacrificial ceremonies and planned the demise of Enron.

But I do believe the members of what is formerly known as the "Money Trust" met in extreme secrecy on the Morgan owned cottage at Jekyll Island on the east coast in 1910 to draft what was to become the Federal Reserve act. Going as far as to use aliases, fresh servants and carrying shotguns as a hunting alibi.

The men are as follows:

-Nelson W. Aldrich, Republican Whip in the Senate, chairman of the    National Monetary Commission, business associate of J.P. Morgan,    father-in-law to John D. Rockefeller, Jr.

- Abraham Pitt Andrew, Assistant Secretary to the United States    Treasury

- Frank A. Vanderlip, president of the National City Bank of New York, the most powerful of the banks at that time, representing William Rockefeller and the international investment banking house of Kuhn, Loeb, and Company.

- Henry P. Davison, senior partner of the J.P. Morgan Company

- Charles D. Norton, president of J.P. Morgan's First National Bank of    New York

- Benjamin Strong, head of J.P. Morgan's Bankers Trust Company

- Paul M. Warburg, Max' brother, banker for Hitler.

I do believe that was a conspiracy.

I do believe Woodrow Wilson meant it when he consequently said "I am a most unhappy man. I have unwittingly ruined my country. A great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is concentrated. The growth of the nation, therefore, and all our activities are in the hands of a few men. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated Governments in the civilized world no longer a Government by free opinion, no longer a Government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a Government by the opinion and duress of a small group of dominant men."

And once you have the monetary system you don't need anything else. The government is in your control. The corporations are in your control. You are in the business of producing credit, and you have a monopoly. Money is god and you are its vicar.

Out of that you get a concentrated elite, protected by law, that starts getting the fancy for power. After all, you have everything so what is your motivation? The CFR, The Trilateral Commission, The Bilderbergers. They are all elitist clubs that take a profound interest in the future development of society. They believe nation borders are obsolete. They believe the state needs to streamline the means of production, globally. They employ some of the world smartest men to think for them, and their members are mainstay in American and European politics. In fact, you'll look good and hard to find someone in power who isn't affiliated to these organizations.

So I also believe David Rockefeller meant it when he said "For more than a century, ideological extremists at either end of the political spectrum have seized upon well-publicized incidents to attack the Rockefeller family for the inordinate influence they claim we wield over American political and economic institutions. Some even believe we are part of a secret cabal working against the best interests of the United States, characterizing my family and me as "internationalists" and of conspiring with others around the world to build a more integrated global political and economic structure - one world, if you will. If that's the charge, I stand guilty, and I am proud of it.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

And as to me being in Europe. You kidding? Our systems are irreversibly linked. You are the current dictator of this planet, and you have been hijacked by the same families and systems that has ruled us for hundreds of years. Why do you think people left to America in the first place?

Without America the money power is free to do as it wished in the world. Russia, China and Germany will be directing policy. You think the world don't change? Hell, the current world is but 20 years old.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

Apparently I'm the only one impressed with this "new direction" and think its a good move for this country. I was honestly expecting ... at least some positive remarks following the original post. Unfortunately, I don't think many of you truly read the post well enough to distinguish that the 2006 Rahm Emanuel bit and the current plan by Obama are entirely different things. What was trying to be illustrated, which ultimated failed, were the similarities between the two. Having worked in a school system, I believe this community service in our public high schools is a positive step for an increasingly assholish youth. I also think the college opportunity is a decent one. Obama's commitments to strengthening and expanding organizations like the Peace Corps is something I strongly stand behind.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Oh no. Not this. We're doomed. I'm making a bomb shelter as we speak. We'll never survive helping our fellow man.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

This just proves he's the anti-christ.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Oh no. Not this. We're doomed. I'm making a bomb shelter as we speak. We'll never survive helping our fellow man.

Better make room for two 16

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

At my former high school, there is already a community service requirement to graduate, although i think it's 50 hours over 4 years, not 50 hours per year.  That seems way too steep for me. 

100 hours for college students? That ain't gonna happen.  Most are too busy partying, working and studying (in that order of course) to fit in an extra 100 hours per year into their schedules. 

I'm not saying this is a horrible idea, just that the numbers seem unrealistic to me.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I go to college full-time, don't work, and never party.

And i'm usually swamped.

My guess is most students would set the community service aside for the summer, if they'd let them.

Board footer