You are not logged in. Please register or login.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

Re: K-Rock to play Chinese Democracy in it's Entirety without Interruption

BLS-Pride wrote:

GnR-Democract.jpg

Hear Chinese Democracy Before You Can Buy It This Weekend
I’m afraid we must insist … You will glue your ears to your radio, computer speakers, or AOL enabled iPhone this Friday and Saturday at midnight …

If Axl Rose can give fourteen years of his life to making Chinese Democracy, you can give him 70 minutes of your undivided attention. The wait is over, Chinese Democracy,  the new Guns N’ Roses album is out Sunday…

Hear it early, in its entirety and without interruption, Friday and Saturday at midnight…

And hear a different album cut all weekend… Every hour, at the top of the hour.

Chinese Democracy - Hear it before you can buy it... And win it before you can buy it… courtesy of Geffen Records.

www.923krock.com

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

I'm really interested to see how well this sells

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Yeah. I wonder if they will be taking calls during or after it. Be very interesting what people have to say about some of the songs.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

They say they're playing it "without interruption" so if they stand by that they won't be taking calls during.  I would assume afterward though.  They're really pushing the album, a different album track every hour.  Good stuff!

bazgnr
 Rep: 4 

bazgnr wrote:

I'm so tempted to check this out.   I'm still trying to hold out for the few songs I haven't heard  yet, though.  I still want the excitement of hearing new music through my own headphones or stereo for the first time.   Decisions, decisions.   smile

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Very very cool. I just wish it was NOW!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

This type of thing was killer in the 80's and 90's. I remember when UYI was played like this a couple days before release.

Internet destroyed these sorts of specials.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I still think it's cool.  I mean you're right in a way, it'd be even cooler if we hadn't heard any of the songs before but due to various events that's just not the case.  And I assume most people tuning in for this will be hardcore fans like ourselves, but I'm sure quite a few people who normally listen to KRock at those times who aren't necessarily GNR fans will get sucked in.  So in that way, it's cool.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

I think it's really cool that they will be playing a different track off the album every hour.  That'll be some good promotion.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

This is all surreal, I can't believe we are actually getting the album....  The world will definately end in 2012 now.

Board footer