You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Re: CD first impressions

Saikin wrote:

My impression right now is that this whole thing seems so ironic to me.  Every member (or ex member) in this CD saga deserves credit in varying degrees for this album.  The irony is on the day that it's released, the band seems to be falling apart. 

They stood by Axl for years, with all the false starts, cancelled tours, silence and lineup changes- and when it's finally their time to shine, people are bailing. It's really a sad situation.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

That skip in Scraped is disgusting!!!  I hadn't noticed it since I don't listen to that song because I think it sucks.

Allowing that out is unforgiveable although not surprising given how some of the songs were mixed!!!  Didn't any fucker listen to this shit before it was put out.  I suppose it's the price you pay for sourrounding yourself with "yes men".  Nobody ever has the balls to speak out if they don't agree with something. 

Instead of getting "Gee Axl I think the mixing on this song or that song isn't right or not up to scratch"  you get "That sounds awesome Axl, putting the sound of a toaster popping in Shacklers Revenge is a great idea".

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I've lost track in the last day or so - is there some speculation pitman is gone? Hadn't he written "hundreds" of song ideas with Axl? possible next slbum could be song ideas from Axl, Pitman and Tobias - with solos from Bumble.

Axl just released an album that took 14 years to make and you're already talking about the next album!?  Now that's what I call being positive.  16

Soon is the word 16

Nah...I dunno i'm waiting for a public announcment of some kind. If this sells well then we may get the follow up albums he talked about in 2002 or whenever it was. Or alternatively he may retire. Perhaps that's why we hear nothing at the mo...maybe now this is released he is calling it a day from public life?

I'm not holding my breath for anything else, if it comes then fucking excellent, if it doesn't well...this has been a great journey and a great band and I'm happy to have the songs Axl has given the world.

I was just meaning to say...the man survived the loss of Slash...and Bucket....if Axl has more songs to write then he will do so it seems.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Since when did Axl EVER STOP BEING RETIRED?

The man has been retired since 1993. I'm sorry, but two singles (CD & Better), four soundtrack contributions (Sympathy For The Devil, Oh My God, Shackler's Revenge & If The World), an album, and two abbreviated tours in FIFTEEN years, don't count as "coming out of retirement".

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I've lost track in the last day or so - is there some speculation pitman is gone?

there was an update on gnr.com and it described all the songs and then talked about who was in the band at the end,

first pitman was in the article...an hour later he was taken out, then they took the article down...finally yesterday they put it back up with with no mention of who was in the band

Neemo

Neemo wrote:
Aussie wrote:

That skip in Scraped is disgusting!!!  I hadn't noticed it since I don't listen to that song because I think it sucks.

Allowing that out is unforgiveable although not surprising given how some of the songs were mixed!!!  Didn't any fucker listen to this shit before it was put out.  I suppose it's the price you pay for sourrounding yourself with "yes men".  Nobody ever has the balls to speak out if they don't agree with something. 

Instead of getting "Gee Axl I think the mixing on this song or that song isn't right or not up to scratch"  you get "That sounds awesome Axl, putting the sound of a toaster popping in Shacklers Revenge is a great idea".

well they've held the album so close to their chests, its hard to be ovbjective and step back from something when you've been involved with it for so long...sometimes you cant see the forest for the trees

JordanRose
 Rep: 6 

JordanRose wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Neemo wrote:
Communist China wrote:

Where is that?

Around the 1:18 mark..tell me if its only my disk cuz if it is its goin back....James was telling me about it last night and its on my disk too

It's not just your disc. I think it was a bad editing job in Pro Tools.

It's friggin obvious it's deliberate. The whole point of the vocals on Scraped is that he sings the ones about being dejected in that weak, wobbly voice and then switches to an IRS screech for the parts that are 'fuck you, i'm awesome'. The 'skip' is a deliberate addition to part of the deliberate 'weak, wobbly' vocal for effect, like his voice cracked or something, except it's artifitial.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

^ok.... 10

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:
Neemo wrote:
Communist China wrote:
Neemo wrote:

the skip on scraped is inexcusable 4

Where is that?

Around the 1:18 mark..tell me if its only my disk cuz if it is its goin back....James was telling me about it last night and its on my disk too

That the part where it sounds like they cut and pasted the vocals too close together?

And I'm likeing of he world. specially that la...la de da part.

GNRBABY
 Rep: 4 

GNRBABY wrote:
Neemo wrote:
Communist China wrote:
Neemo wrote:

the skip on scraped is inexcusable 4

Where is that?

I have listened twice and can't detect this error. I haven't tried through headphones. What word is he saying when it happens? I listened carefully between 1:15 - 1:30

Board footer