You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Least Favorite Song(s)

James wrote:

Scraped shouldn't have made the album. Shackler's isn't that bad, but its out of place. Shouldn't have made it either. I would have preferred a more cohesive album with less tracks.

I'll add CITR, Madagascar, and Prostitute to my least favorites as well. The potential of CITR was flushed down the toilet, Madagascar is a bore, and Prostitute is overblown self indulgent cheese.

The ballads really suffer in the context of the entire album. They're fighting each other for identity. In old GNR terms, each wants to be a November Rain or Estranged, but instead become a bunch of Don't Cry's and Breakdown's.

GNRBABY
 Rep: 4 

GNRBABY wrote:

^Breakdown is awesome, but I think I know what you're saying...But I really like CITR.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Scraped & Riad are songs that would be great as demos on a 'collection set', but probably shouldn't have made the album.

I think I gave each of them 2.5/5 in my review. They're 'fair' tracks.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I love Scraped!

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:

riad... definitely
and the final version of catcher grinds my gears

monkeychow wrote:

I love Scraped!

Me too,great song. 9

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i dunno if i havea a least favorite at the moment...I dig shacklers...but it seems out of place...and the album is a bit ballad heavy IMHO..though i have a feeling, the more i get into the album, that it coulda swung to a really guitar oriented album depending on what they pulled forward in the mix...i wouldnt even be opposed to a rocked out version as a remix album

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

Good thread.

Shackler's Revenge...don't get it.  The song just doesn't work for me at all.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:

CITR.  Man I wish I could have a copy of the leak that doesn't skip.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:

CITR.  Man I wish I could have a copy of the leak that doesn't skip.

Call Axl. And be sure to tell him your name, address, and where you're calling from.

Board footer