You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Axl can't make Videos without Robin Finck & Buckethead

James wrote:

yeah, the only way to do it is by using 02/06/07 footage. Even if old members came back, you could never even get them all in the same room long enough to take a picture, so how are you gonna do a video?

I agree with those who say a summer tour is pissing away the attention the album got. However, this is when the album could be re-released with a bonus disc and they could ride the promo on that. Wouldn't be the same, but better than nothing.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

I don't see there ever being videos for this album.  Is there any word on them even thinking about doing a  video? Bands don't release albums then 6 months down the road decide to make a video.  Unless a video comes out by Christmas I don't see it ever happening.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

all i see happening is a dvd

i'm not worried. they need the cash from the tour and although nothing has been promised, we have a good idea there will be a tour soon based on comments from bbf, fortus, and the universal rep at the listening party. you gotta assume the management team in place has some sort of plan.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

they have tons of live footage and there is always going the route of having jsut hte current members (ie dont cry or post izzy UYI videos), just Axl or lastly no band member footage at all

GNRBABY
 Rep: 4 

GNRBABY wrote:

guys, there are lots of ways to approach a music video. One way is to include Axl only, as he is really the only "famous" guy in the band (I know others aren't nobodies, but...) It could be more like a short film. I'm sure there are many young directors who would jump at the chance. That is just one way to approach it out of 1,000. They could animate the video or use puppets,etc... So never say never.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I think the question now becomes.... who's gonna be sharing lead with Ron? That's a pretty big spot, and the seat is currently empty. It's been made clear Robin ain't coming back.

Board footer