You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: None of this feels right...

mitchejw wrote:

I never imagined that just a little over a week after Chinese Democracy is released...this is where we'd be.

Album sales are below average...
people are talking about an original Gn'R reunion...
people are shitting on the album just for the sake of shitting on it...
even less people care than I thought would care...
we don't even know who is in the band/if there even is a band...
there is no tour in sight...

Axl is dead for all we know!

What the fuck is going on? 17

Is anyone else feeling a little underwhelmed?

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Uhhh, yeah.

Actually, I'm happy to have CD. I was never gonna go to a show, they are too expensive for me now with 3 kids. I won't eat up any reunion unless they do a CD. Reason: See above. That would be even more expensive to see.

The only band I cared about was when it was Bucket (this version).

The album has taken a back seat. It's not bad, but it's overshadowed now. Already. Amazing.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Granted things haven't unfolded quite how I hoped, BUT.  We've got the CD and no one can take that from us.  I think it's a damn good CD too, and I know a lot of fans agree.  Sure some say it's just average, or even worse, that was bound to happen too.  Let's enjoy the music for the time being.  We all hoped that GNR would sell a million albums and debut at #1.  We hoped that the band would appear on multiple shows by now.  We hoped Axl would do interviews with Rolling Stone, Time Magazine, 60 Minutes, Larry King, Howard Stern.  We hoped we'd have a video or two by now.  We hoped there'd be tour announcements by now.  But, remember.  It wasn't that long ago we were HOPING to have a release date.  We obviously cleared a huge hurdle and now have 14 songs at our disposal.  We seem to forget that.  I don't have to rehash the time we spent waiting for the album, we lived it.  We all expected things to all of a sudden change after November 23rd.  Well, it hasn't changed the way we thought, and we were foolish to think that way.  Let's just try to relax for a moment and enjoy what we DO have and not worry about what we DON'T have.  All the complaining about lack of promotions, Axl going AWOL, Axl wanting to retire, reunion talk.  It's not gonna change anything.  I know it's fun to speculate, but once again we have NO IDEA what's going on behind the scenes, just like we never had any idea through prior years.

Now I'll go back to rocking out to Chinese Democracy, and I'm gonna love every minute of it!

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

The only bright side, is to just say "i've got CD" "i've got CD" "i've got CD".

As far as this being an anti-climax... talk about the understatement of the century.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

The reason the entire online fan base is "underwhelmed" is because CD turned out to be a "leaks album" with 3 bonus tracks. Its hard for hard cores to get excited and analyze tracks they've heard thousands of times already.

If that wasn't enough, the icing on the cake was how the whole thing was handled. Amateurish liner notes, Axl in hiding, the lukewarm reaction to the album, chart position, Dr Pepper fiasco, and last but certainly not least, the album wasn't as good as most had envisioned.

When you take all these ingredients and mix them together, the end result is a very jaded fan base biting its fingernails.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

very true james,

in the end this thing wasn't put out to please it's hardcore fans and yet the hardcore fans are the only ones that bought it. so who's gonna keep the band alive now????

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:

There's one thing that'd quarantee mass appeal, but it may take some time to get started.

Only a matter of time, as it has always been.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

ugghh i would love a reunion but only if new music came out of it. i've heard old gnr songs played by all incarnations of gnr and have heard enough.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

The reason the entire online fan base is "underwhelmed" is because CD turned out to be a "leaks album" with 3 bonus tracks. Its hard for hard cores to get excited and analyze tracks they've heard thousands of times already.

If that wasn't enough, the icing on the cake was how the whole thing was handled. Amateurish liner notes, Axl in hiding, the lukewarm reaction to the album, chart position, Dr Pepper fiasco, and last but certainly not least, the album wasn't as good as most had envisioned.

When you take all these ingredients and mix them together, the end result is a very jaded fan base biting its fingernails.

I'll agree with most of what you said except that the album wasn't as good as most had envisioned.  From what I've read that couldn't be further from the truth.  Sure there are people who say the album is only average, but for the most part I find fans are loving the album.  This is a more popular site to dislike the album than HTGTH, but even here it seems that the album has reached MOST peoples expectations.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

A nostalgia reunion does nothing for me. Record a new CD and you've got my interest.

Board footer