You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Chinese Democracy Chart Positions Thread

Axlin16 wrote:

The only way it will survive is as a club band, or doing low-end festivals.

killingvector
 Rep: 21 

Axl made his own bed.

It's a good album, I am disappointed a proper case isn't/wasn't made for people to hear it.

Acquiesce
 Rep: 30 

Acquiesce wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I know we've got some radio guys here. What are some up to date numbers on Better? Maybe they should unload a new single next week.

I don't know the national numbers, but I checked WMMR in Philly to see if it's getting played. Better hasn't been played at all in the last 24 hours. It also wasn't played when I checked a couple of days ago so I'm starting to think they haven't played it since it has been released to radio. Chinese Democracy in comparison has been played 3 times in the last 24 hours which seems pretty standard since it's been released. They also played Catcher once and TWAT once which I thought was interesting.

Acquiesce

Acquiesce wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I know we've got some radio guys here. What are some up to date numbers on Better? Maybe they should unload a new single next week.

LOL unload a new single? Better is the catchiest song on the album. I think they should give it some time to hit. Lots of stations are still playing CD instead of Better.

Yeah, I wonder if they released it too soon and it will get lost in the shuffle.

R.B. Huckleberry
 Rep: 2 

Someone in that organization needs to freakin' speak up. The album is gonna die way before it's time. I worked in record distribution years ago (when records sold) and I have never seen a ball dropped this badly!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I'll put these numbers in a bit of perspective. I'm of course using the average 2nd week drop in this analysis.

You take away the multiple album purchases, this album would have sold almost half of what it sold in its first week, which would not have been good enough for a top 10 debut. It would have had a debut around 15-20.

They no longer can throw shit at the hardcores. As usual, we were the last line of defense and literally made this album achieve its highest chart position.

EDIT: In that scenario, it would have came in around 10-12, not 15-20. Looked at last week's Billboard chart again.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Something seriously has to be up. U don't release an album of this magnitude and drop the fucking ball this badly.

I just refuse to believe this is due to incompetence.

if this is how GNR are gonna operate, Bring on a fucking reunion. NOW!

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Where my hang up is Irving Azoff. A reunion HAS TO BE IN THE WORKS.

No way a heavyweight like this would attach his name to this trainwreck, without a silver lining.

I'm hoping the plan is, they are doing this from contractual obligation, burying it intentionally, and trying to fast track a reunion, thus the silence, and the reason Slash, Duff & Izzy's schedules seem WIDE open, along with Axl's.

jimmythegent

jimmythegent wrote:

It's certainly a strange scenario.

The frustrating thing of course, is that it's a damn strong album.

It literally beggars belief that after all this hype, they are letting it die without so much as a whimper. My sister (who obviously knew I was a diehard fan growing up) text me the other day saying 'have you got the new GnR - whose in the band? -everyone or what?'. She had no idea they'd released and album until she saw it in a store and even less of an idea what GnR is in this day and age.

Is there a huge marketing push around the corner? Will Street of Dreams or This I Love garner mainstream attention? Will CD be a slow burn success? All interesting questions and I would tend to think 'no' for each of them, but it's still a little premature to write Axl off completely yet.

Either that or this thing is indeed a 'wipe the debt clean' move on Axl's part (which I find almost unbeliveable given the time spent and the quality of the album) in order to pave the way for a lucrative reunion.

As always, being a Gn'R fan is never dull.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

I don't think any reunion is in the works. Azoff can have his plans, but no. The only explanation of the current situation is that Axl's crazy. Batshit crazy if you like it better. No way in hell Slash or Izzy would team up with him again when he doesn't do anything for his 'career defining' album. What a fuckin' career it is if CD is defining it. Eh. The only people Axl can reunite with are Steven Adler and Tracii Guns.

Board footer