You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jamester
 Rep: 84 

Re: Amazon rips Chinese Democracy

jamester wrote:

try to remember...AFD was a flop for what a year?..lets also remember that in the states its the holidays..our main gunner is not 19 and hungry....most of us try to work as little as possible till after the first of the year.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
jamester062001 wrote:

try to remember...AFD was a flop for what a year?..

That was an unknown band. Now it's one of the top brands of the music history.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Oh my God, if I hear "AFD was a flop initially" one more time.... roll

Totally different situation. GN'R is an established brand name.

It's a flop, at least in the U.S. it is. Deal with it. 17

I find it absolutely admirable that Axl has STILL such loyal fans, who are trying to put a positive spin on this truely remarkable and underappreciated album. It's very touching. 5

But in the U.S. - it's a flop. I'm not trying to be overly negative. I'm not trying to bum anyone out. But truth is truth. Some of the GN'R fans, not just here, throughout the community are burying their head in the sand, and acting like you just told them Santa Claus don't exist.  hmm

GNRBABY
 Rep: 4 

GNRBABY wrote:

Thats probably an old add from 2007 or something...

R.B. Huckleberry
 Rep: 2 

Mikkamakka wrote:
jamester062001 wrote:

try to remember...AFD was a flop for what a year?..

That was an unknown band. Now it's one of the top brands of the music history.

Seriously: Guns hasn't been a "top brand" for a long time. The slide started when the Axl/Slash/Gilby/Duff/Matt/Dizzy lineup was still kickin'.

I worked in the record business at the time. the climate was changing. That lineup was on it's way to a..."more selective" audience anyway. I love this band, I love their music, so please don't misunderstand. noone is on top forever. Bands like Zeppelin end with an event at the top of their commercial reign...and never stain their legacy.

Some bands (the Stones) keep going forever. I love the Stones, and I buy their new records, but they don't sell a fraction of what they used to.

New GNR was never going to have an Aerosmith style comeback. I, however, thought the "new sound" would appeal to a lot of people. I'm okay with being wrong. I'm not okay with the lack of promotion from the people who brought us this record. If you're gonna keep the name, then fight dammit!!! Show me you believe in what you're doing.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Axl has seemingly never believed in what he's doing. It's all smacked of a "one foot in, one foot out" attitude. He never wanted to fully commit. And that's why he's at where he's at today.

GN'R could have an Aerosmith-type comeback, but they're going to need the original players.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Axl has seemingly never believed in what he's doing. It's all smacked of a "one foot in, one foot out" attitude. He never wanted to fully commit. And that's why he's at where he's at today.

GN'R could have an Aerosmith-type comeback, but they're going to need the original players.

No, they can't. You know why? Rock is fucking dead and will continue to be dead.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Even if "rock is dead", GNR can still have a decent career. Reunion or no reunion. They just have to actually put the effort in and things will/might happen.

The album is good, and it will cause there to be a question mark next to it for years. Could it have caught on if the "band" actually did something? Maybe. Maybe not. We'll never really know.

At this point they have to hope for a Buckcherry/M.I.A. type second wind in 2009. A GNR second wind will be more difficult because they are out of catchy tunes. They gotta either give Sorry a killer push or market one of these ballads to the easy listening crowd.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Tell AC/DC how "dead" rock is.

As for CD, never say never, but it was just be a jaw-dropper imo. Let the album bomb, then go stale for 8 months, then start to promote it... WTF?

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:

lol, I have to admit, that's pretty funny. 16 And it's not a huge deal.. publicity is publicity.

Board footer