You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Jason Lives: FRIDAY THE 13TH

Axlin16 wrote:

Part III, again.

The atmosphere is fucked up. Good film, but doesn't feel enough like F13 to me, it's a bit of a distraction. I, II, IV, & V had a certain recurring atmosphere, and then of course Zombie-Jason in Part VI on ward seemed to have a different atmosphere for each film afterwards.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

To my shock, The Final Chapter (which I had long predicted would win) is now gone. It all comes down to a brawl between the badass Parts II and III. What we've come to learn along the way is that we as fans like our Jason human and as hillbilly as all hell. Will sack head defeat hockey mask? It's no secret that Part III is my personal favorite of the series. Tonight, on this Friday the 13th, we will know once and for all what the fanbase thinks, too. It's been a fun month. I look forward to more franchise eliminations coming much sooner than you think. Thanks to everyone who's participated.

Eliminated:
Round I - Jason X (7/12 votes)
Round II - Freddy vs. Jason (5/11 votes)
Round III - Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan (6/11 votes)
Round IV - Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday (7/12 votes)
Round V - Friday the 13th: A New Beginning (3/7 votes)
Jason Lives: Round VI - Friday the 13th '80 & Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood (3/7 votes each)
Round VII - Friday the 13th '09 (6/8 votes)
Round VIII (abbreviated) - Jason Lives: Friday the 13th Part VI (4/7 votes)
Round IX (abbreviated) - Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter (4/6 votes)

Vote off your LEAST favorite. Polls close TONIGHT at MIDNIGHT (EASTERN).

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i cant believe part III-D made it to the finale...its so cheese, though the eyeball popping part was funny

Part III goes part II for the win

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Well, I obviously have to vote off III. Not only is II the best film in the franchise, I consider it one of the best horror films ever made.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Crap, I accidentally voted for Part II, and meant to vote for Part III.

Officially my vote is for Part III. Subtract one vote from Part II, and add it to Part III.

And I also want to add how hilariously absurd it is, the cheeseball fest of Part III made it to the final round, and yet Part VI gets blasted.

And Part IV not making it is jaw-dropping. Take James' statement with Part II, and sub in Part IV for me. I've always thought Part IV was the best of the franchise, and one of the best slasher films ever made.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

part IV is definitely a great film. Loved how the comedy flowed perfectly with everything else going on. That's not very easy to do in a horror film. It also had the best cast of any of the F13 films.

However, II is a genuinely creepy film. It never gets any respect though because he isn't wearing the mask. To casual horror fans, this franchise starts at III.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

Part II

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

I missed a chance to vote, but my vote would have been for Part II to be voted off and Part III to win.

Part III IS the Jason we all know...period.  It's where he got his mask, where we have some of the most memorable scenes (barn scene, axe to head, harpoon to eye, etc) and the TRUE start of the iconic horror figure.

BOTH II and III are my favorites in the series but III does it for me.  It's also the FIRST horror movie I ever saw in a theatre, guess I'm a bit biased!

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

'slinger, there's been a grey area since I started implimenting the midnight poll closing. The abbreviated eliminations were a means to stir up fan commotion and deliver us a winner on an actual Friday the 13th. But, as with the first abbreviated round, my inability to properly open and close these polls in a timely enough manner has resulted in "late" votes like yours. As I'm giving Axlin08 a free pass to switch his vote, I will do the same for you and count your intended vote in our total.

The winner(s) will be announced in a results thread shortly.

AtariLegend wrote:

Von was deleting my post... really necessary?

Board footer