You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Re: Jason Lives: FRIDAY THE 13TH

Von wrote:

Post 'em up in our new trading thread if you want. I just started the thread itself. Money is tight right now. That's why I'm selling/trading some of what I've got left.

Mike
 Rep: 13 

Mike wrote:

Being somebody who's not a fan of Michael Bay's horror-remaking crew, I enjoyed this a lot. I didn't find this disrespectful to the legacy of the old movies unlike most horror remakes today. If you're a fan of the "human Jason" or parts 1-4, you'll likely appreciate this.

Brett
 Rep: 20 

Brett wrote:

My buddy reviewed it here: http://www.oh-the-horror.com/page.php?id=485

It looks good, I hope it plays in my smaller town. Damn you people that can see it already!

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

To be honest, it wouldn't take much for the film to be the best since part VI.

I'm avoiding that massive spoiler until I've watched the film.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i'm gonna wait for the DVD 16

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

At least we can debate the films' merits!

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

So apparently it made around $20 million on opening day. That is fucking insane for a horror movie, especially a remake.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah, they're projecting maybe a $50mil weekend, which will no doubt be the biggest ever for the franchise, and STUN critics and experts cold.

They were expecting this week to be a 'cool off' at the theater with F13 opening, and it just might be the biggest President's Day weekend in history.

If this film does anywhere near that number, it'll put Halloween 2007 to fucking shame. Zombie will no doubt be forced by the producers to up the ante, and make Michael more like Jason, ala Halloween 4.

As for F132009, Russtcb, me and you are the only cats that ain't crazy about this movie apparently. Von talked about 'mixed' reviews, I don't know what he's talking about. Across the fuckin' board, this thing is getting TONS of positivity from fans, and many are calling it the best since The Final Chapter.

I'm stunned. I'm starting to feel like I missed something in the theater, when the diehards are telling me how great it is. I'm just wondering with 'Roy', 'Zombie Jason', 'Carrie vs. Jason', 'New York', 'Body Hopping', 'Space' & 'Freddy', if alot of fans are promoting this average film, simply because the premise returns to that of being a direct-sequel to the first four films, and they're just so glad it's back to that, that they are over-exaggerating how good it is.

I know alot of people did the exact same thing with TCM2003, a fair film also, simply because they were desperate to forget the Jason-ized 'Leatherface' & abysmal 'Next Generation', they over-promoted how good TCM2003 was. Yet only a few years after, many do not sing it's praises, but when it first came out they did. I'm wondering if F132009 will be the same.

Board footer