You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Re: Rob Zombie's Halloween 2

Von wrote:

hr_H2_Rob_Zombie_teaser.jpg

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Cool. Rob has GOT to work "I'm Your Boogieman" & "Dragula" in to this one.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Cool. Rob has GOT to work "I'm Your Boogieman" & "Dragula" in to this one.

Maybe not Dragula... maybe Demonoid Phenomenon or Living Dead Girl.  9

I'll definently go see this opening night.  Hopefully he does this one a little bit more like Devil's Rejects.  Hopefully a little better writing as well.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

Cool, time for another mask to add to my collection!

Mike
 Rep: 13 

Mike wrote:

This is a good chance for Rob Zombie to make a kick-ass sequel like he did with Devil's Rejects after House of 1000 Corpses, his revamped version of Michael Myers totally rocked. I remember Malcom McDowell said he was signed on for three Halloween movies but I'm not sure about that now because in the end of the remake, it's not very clear whether Dr. Loomis survives or not, same with Michael. Maybe Rob will have to pull a Halloween 4 on this sequel.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

Some more info from Bloody Disgusting:

Who Will Be Returning in Rob Zombie's 'Halloween' Sequel?
Tuesday, December 16, 2008

We've actually been hearing about Zombie's return to Haddonfield for a few weeks now, and something that has become quite clear to us is that Zombie intends on bringing back a few names from his 2007 remake of HALLOWEEN. From our sources close to the project, expect to see the return of Scout Taylor-Compton as Laurie Strode, Tyler Mane as Michael Myers, Malcolm McDowell as Dr. Sam Loomis, Daeg Faerch as young Michael Myers and of course Sheri Moon Zombie as Deborah Meyers. Nothing is set in stone as the script is currently being written, but we'll have the official news when anything is officially announced. Rob Zombie's H2 picks up right as the first remake ended, following the aftermath of Michael Myers' murderous rampage through the eyes of the sister he hunted.

link: http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/14680

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Dr. Loomis' (Malcolm McDowell) demise at the end of RZ:H was not clear cut, and even Donald Pleasence's Dr. Loomis faced certain death at times and returned. He was blown sky high in H2, and brought back in H4 with just minor burn scars. Where was Loomis at the end of the H5 jail breakout? Dead with all the other cops? Chasing the man-in-black and Michael? And just what did happen to Loomis at the end of H6? Was he killed off-screen by Myers as his screams suggest? Or was it the curse of Thorn being passed on for Loomis to become Michael's protector, as suggested in the Producer's Cut of H6?

Loomis always ends up like that. He seemed dead at the end of the Theatrical Cut of Zombie's Halloween. But if you watch the Director's Cut, Loomis is clearly still alive after having his head damaged, he gets up enough strength to try and grab Myers leg as he goes after Laurie.

Malcolm will definitely be back in H2, and I hope he's more toughend up in H2, borderline-crazy, like Pleasence, versus the bit pussy-fied Loomis of RZ:H. I say that, because if these sequels start getting churned out by the new franchise, I hope Malcolm can become the face of it for a long time.

Von

Von wrote:

"It's Time to Really Take Michael Myers to the Next Level"

The Pulse of Radio reports: Rob Zombie has been confirmed to write and direct "H2", a sequel to his 2009 remake of "Halloween" that is slated to open this October. According to Variety, Zombie will begin shooting the movie in March on an accelerated schedule. The new film will pick up right where the last one ended and chronicle the aftermath of a relentless killing spree by the Michael Myers character. There's no word on which, if any, cast members will be returning for the new installment.

The announcement was made Tuesday by Bob Weinstein, co-chairman of The Weinstein Co.

"Following the success of 2007's 'Halloween', we are thrilled to be back in business with Rob Zombie, bringing a sequel to theaters," Weinstein said in a statement. "The fans have made it clear — and we agree — that they feel the franchise is in great hands with Rob Zombie."

"I am very excited to be working with Bob Weinstein again and returning to the world of 'Halloween'," said Zombie. "The remake laid the groundwork, now it's time to really take Michael Myers to the next level. I believe we've just barely scratched the surface of where we can take this series."

Zombie has repeatedly denied any interest in helming a "Halloween" sequel, despite the first one being the most successful of his three feature films to date. But he also said in a recent call with reporters that he wouldn't necessarily want to produce a another director's sequel either. "You know, it all depends. I mean, I don't know what their plans are. You know, if I was gonna produce somebody else's movie I would wanna know what it was about. I always get offers to make a 'Rob Zombie Presents' or produce things or, you know, shadow produce things where you actually don't do any work and you just pick up a check. But I've never done it because I feel weird about putting my name on something that I'm not responsible for."

Zombie told Variety that the sequel to his remake will not resemble "Halloween 2", the follow-up to the original 1978 horror classic.

Zombie also explained why he decided to come back to the franchise after initially taking a pass, saying, "I was so burned out. (But) I took a long break, made a record and I got excited again. Now, we'll be hauling ass, and that's the problem making a movie called 'Halloween': If you come out November 1 or after, nobody cares. If it was called anything else, I'd be fine."

The next film on Zombie's slate was supposed to be a biker flick called "Tyrannosaurus Rex", but he recently revealed that he had yet to even write the script for that one.

Zombie recently issued a box set of all the recordings by his previous band, WHITE ZOMBIE, and will release his fourth solo studio album next year.

-Blabbermouth.net-

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I'd be interested to see where this goes. Even if they don't go to the hospital, if it's just Myers hacking his way through Haddonfield, it'll still be sort of a remake of "Halloween II".

I thought of something that might involve Laurie just running, and trying to get out of town, and the remake-sequel involved Myers hacking his way through the outskirt farms of Haddonfield, looking for where she's hiding, as Loomis pursues. It would at least provide for cool shorts, possibly Myers in a midwest wheat or corn field as the sun goes down on Halloween (think the opening to Halloween 4), and possibly a slew of different ways to off the cast, other than just a butcher knife.

Seems a bit Halloween 5-ish, but it's something I thought could be interesting. It'll be intriguing to see how Rob does a direct-sequel, without copying some of the events of the original "Halloween II".

Von

Von wrote:

Rob Zombie posted the below flyer on his MySpace page under the subject header "What is Laurie Strode doing this year for Halloween?" I presume this is a plot teaser for something to come in next year's H2 as Zombie is known for dropping hints about his upcoming projects via his blog. ("Captain Clegg and the Night Creatures" is a nice touch, a nod to Peter Graham Scott's Hammer Films production starring Peter Cushing.) This probably won't be the last teaser to come from the man, so Shock will keep you posted as more developments arise.

h2-flyer.jpg

-ShockTillYouDrop.com-

Board footer