You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Rob Zombie's Halloween 2

James wrote:

How did that rumor start? It was known two years ago that he signed on for a trilogy.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Rob fuckin' Zombie. I kid you not James.

He's the dumb fuck running around trying to push this "coming of age" bullshit with Laurie, when he knows damn good and well all of us want to see Loomis vs. Myers. Always have. It drives this fuckin' franchise.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

Once Loomis departed the original series, they should have just called it a day. H20 might've worked as a good capper with Laurie finishing things once and for all, but Resurrection rendered that (far superior) movie moot. Even I'm rooting for Zombie to bring in more of the Loomis vs. Myers stuff this time out. This new Loomis has a lot of potential as a character. The choices he's made are already vastly different than the Pleasence version. He's an opportunist and a bit of a prick. He pursues Michael out of a sense of guilt, not duty. That could work wonders for an ongoing storyline, but firt we gotta get there. I have faith in Zombie. Let's wait and see.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

One of the biggest ball drops was when the guy broke Micheal out of prison

They could've did HUGE things with that but the Halloween after that didn't really deliver what could've been something really great.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I assume you're referring to Halloween 5? They actually tried to do something huge.

If you go back and read Daniel Farrands original script for Halloween 6, it was massive in scope, almost like an action film, with the cult of Thorn being widely connected, and dedicated to protecting Michael. In the script there were all the kills of course, but there was gonna be a big action-oriented finale. I want to say Wynn escapes by chopper, or something like that. It was certaintly a juicy "Halloween" script.

I enjoyed even the watered-down, filmed, Producer's Cut version. Good film. But that lame ass theatrical cut, was the worst.

Michael gets beat with a pipe, and apparently shoots out green ooze. What is he, from Tromaville?

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

On Monday, February 23, Rob Zombie will officially start shooting "H2", the sequel to his successful 2007 remake of "Halloween". The release is tentatively scheduled for late August.

Zombie said in an interview an interview with Icons Of Fright that he decided to come back to the "Halloween" franchise because he wanted to expand the story beyond just remaking the original.

He explained, "I originally envisioned it as two movies ... but unfortunately I couldn't convince anyone to take the stance and make two films back to back." He added that the new movie will focus less on serial killer Michael Myers and more on his sister, Laurie, saying, "Everyone she knows is basically dead, and she is related to the person that did it all and doesn't even know who the f*** she is. So it's really the journey of figuring out who she is."

Following the success of the newly released "My Bloody Valentine 3D", Zombie said he'd be interested in shooting in 3D, but only if "you can use 3D without making it a 3D movie ... just tell a story, but you don't have to shove anything in your face."

Zombie is going to delay the release of his new album until after he is finished shooting "H2". He said in the interview, "I'll probably put that out after I'm done shooting the movie. The record's done and sitting on the shelf waiting to come out, but I don't want to put it out while I'm shooting 'Halloween 2' because I can't deal with it too much. I'm really excited about it, though."

3113616082_ec508ca94d_o.jpg

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I really hope the storyline stuff is more of Zombie toying with fans, and intentionally being inaccurate.

The premise sounds LAME, and the remake itself was only 'okay'.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I assume you're referring to Halloween 5? They actually tried to do something huge.

If you go back and read Daniel Farrands original script for Halloween 6, it was massive in scope, almost like an action film, with the cult of Thorn being widely connected, and dedicated to protecting Michael. In the script there were all the kills of course, but there was gonna be a big action-oriented finale. I want to say Wynn escapes by chopper, or something like that. It was certaintly a juicy "Halloween" script.

I enjoyed even the watered-down, filmed, Producer's Cut version. Good film. But that lame ass theatrical cut, was the worst.

Michael gets beat with a pipe, and apparently shoots out green ooze. What is he, from Tromaville?

Keep in mind, I haven't see this since I watched it in the theater. Seems I remember something about Micheal being outside of a house and for the life of me, I can't remember why, but he wasn't able to enter the house or something...............

I can't fully remember and that could be completely inaccurate.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Sounds like a Lifetime movie centered around Laurie's coming to terms with the loss of her friends.

D, not sure what scene you're describing, and I've watched the theatrical and workprint. Been awhile though.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

People complained about the backstory idea long before the remake came out, then said it the was film's better half and bitched out the actual remake portion. Now, instead of a retread of Halloween II or any given one of the other Halloween sequels, Zombie again wants to do something original or his own, and it gets bitched out...by the same people who already admit his backstory portion of the remake was its best attribute. It gets old, to the point that I get sick of covering Zombie's films here or anywhere. There seems to be such a vitriolic hate for the guy within the horror community that to support him is to brandish yourself with the scarlet letter. I really like Zombie's Halloween. John Carpenter's Halloween is my. favorite. movie. of. all. fucking. time. I've seen it over a hundred times. I wrote a thesis on it. I've dissected its every frame.

I still enjoyed Zombie's Halloween. A lot. People need to understand once and for all that slasher movies aren't attempting high art (see: all delusionally "disappointed" reviews of the Friday the 13th reboot). I think Zombie's Halloween sequel sounds cool because it sounds different. Maybe when people make up their minds, they can decide if they really want different or remake. Because Zombie tried to do both before and was crucified for it.

Board footer