You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Whats the opinion people in your life have on CD?

James wrote:

The people I know don't give a shit about it. Its just a pretty average album to people so you're not gonna see casual type fans go apeshit over this record.

Acquiesce
 Rep: 30 

Acquiesce wrote:

Only 1 person I know cared enough to give it a listen. He thinks it's good, but not great. As far as I know he hasn't purchased it yet.

axlcrazy
 Rep: 4 

axlcrazy wrote:

For those poeople who say it sucks I would love to know what albums they consider awesome??  Just t get some perspective.

Acquiesce
 Rep: 30 

Acquiesce wrote:

Who cares? People get so butt hurt over opinions that don't fit their own.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I don't know why everyone is so concerned about the opinions of casual fans. The best albums, are only accepted by diehard fans anyways, not casuals.

The only part that concerns me is a record company expects a GN'R album to move so many units, and even if GN'R go the way of NIN down the road in terms of popularity with their specific fans that love new Guns, I am curious how UMG will react to the change in both sound, direction and lower sales.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Bono wrote:

I dropped a guy off after work today.  I had CD playing(for the first time in like ... forever it seems) I was skipping through the album. Better, If the World, Prostitute, Shackler's and then This I Love. Finally he asks "is thsi Guns N' Roses" I sheepishly said yes and his god's honest reaction was "It sounds like shit compared to their old stuff" He's 36 FYI.  Anyways thats' the reaction I'm seeing.  I never evenb asked him to comment on it. he felt compeled to do so on his own and that's what he said. Nobody I know likes the album at all. Some songs may get a few nods of approval but as a whole the album sucks in most peope's opinion that I've come across.

AC/DC is the #4 selling album in Canada. Gn'R is who knows where on the charts. Nowhere to be seen. We all talk about promo but let's be real. I've not seen any promo from AC/DC.  People aren't buying CD cause they aren't interested in a  Slashless Gn'R or they simply don't like what they're hearing. believe me I'm not seeing an AC/DC video tear up MTV or Much Music and most people who buy albums aren't doing so because of an interview in Rolling Stone  so....

I haven't heard any negative reviews from friends that I've played the album for, and none are fans of the "new lineup".  I haven't exactly gotten glowing reviews either, but mostly, "there's some good songs on there".  The ballads get the best reviews, along with "Better" and "If The World".  I play it daily around the house and I've caught my roommate singing "I.R.S" and "Madagascar".  I take that as a positive.

Bright Eyes 2005
 Rep: 27 

99% of those who say they don't like it are mindless sheep, as someone said earlier, just following the trend--most have never heard a single note off the album.  I run into these dipshits all the time--yesterday it was Fall Out Boy, today it's Kings of Leon, etc. ad nauseum.  GNR laying low on the promo may work to their advantage in the long run, as opposed to ACDC selling out to Wal Mart (cheesiest mass marketing capitalistic screed on the planet).  I think it is going to backfire on them soon as far as credibility goes.  The second single off Black Ice is horrid, and they are just pushing product due to Wal Mart brainwashing.  CD, for some reason or another, is going to be judge ultimately on music, and music alone, as the low key marketing is forcing it to become something one hears due to "word of mouth" instead of corporate jockeying.  For some odd reason, I get the feeling that is going to be a positive in the next year.  Weird to say it, but GNR maybe gaining some street credibility back, by doing the exact opposite of what the "machine" says your supposed to. 

People, esp. females I have met, who get a few peaks of this, are becoming increasingly curious about it.  A few have told me flat out that they love "Prostitute", "If the World", "Better" and "This I Love".  Females...I think GNR have not even pushed this to that fanbase yet.   Weird thing, anyone I know that hears Better or Sorry are like "that is amazing"!  These are twenty somethings who know nothing of GNR or their legacy.  If a few people, and the media starts saying "GNR is cool" there could be a bunch of idiots who now think it's ok to like GNR.  Funny how it works. 

Me, I don't give a flippin fuck!  I love the album, and the discussion about it has been fabulous!

Happy Holidays to all of you at GNR Evolution!!  Peace!

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

No one i know really thinks this album is amazing.

But most of my friends think it's a good and solid record.

skippy
 Rep: 33 

skippy wrote:

Something I'm finding interesting is the badmouthing of this thing by D.J.'s.
And of Axl.

Anyone else having that experience?

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Bright Eyes 2005 wrote:

99% of those who say they don't like it are mindless sheep, as someone said earlier, just following the trend--most have never heard a single note off the album.  I run into these dipshits all the time--yesterday it was Fall Out Boy, today it's Kings of Leon, etc. ad nauseum.  GNR laying low on the promo may work to their advantage in the long run, as opposed to ACDC selling out to Wal Mart (cheesiest mass marketing capitalistic screed on the planet).  I think it is going to backfire on them soon as far as credibility goes.  The second single off Black Ice is horrid, and they are just pushing product due to Wal Mart brainwashing.  CD, for some reason or another, is going to be judge ultimately on music, and music alone, as the low key marketing is forcing it to become something one hears due to "word of mouth" instead of corporate jockeying.  For some odd reason, I get the feeling that is going to be a positive in the next year.  Weird to say it, but GNR maybe gaining some street credibility back, by doing the exact opposite of what the "machine" says your supposed to. 

People, esp. females I have met, who get a few peaks of this, are becoming increasingly curious about it.  A few have told me flat out that they love "Prostitute", "If the World", "Better" and "This I Love".  Females...I think GNR have not even pushed this to that fanbase yet.   Weird thing, anyone I know that hears Better or Sorry are like "that is amazing"!  These are twenty somethings who know nothing of GNR or their legacy.  If a few people, and the media starts saying "GNR is cool" there could be a bunch of idiots who now think it's ok to like GNR.  Funny how it works. 

Me, I don't give a flippin fuck!  I love the album, and the discussion about it has been fabulous!

Happy Holidays to all of you at GNR Evolution!!  Peace!

This is a fucking joke right?. AC/DC only being successful based on Wal-mart's brainwashing? Kings of Leon lumped in with Fall out Boy? For your information Kings of Leon have 4 albums and they are all fucking awesome albums. 99% of the people who don't like CD are mindless sheep? Gimme a fucking break. This reaks of denial in a major way. And to even sugest that AC/DC will suffer a backlash due to a lack of  street cred by using Wal-Mart  if fucking moronic. Like at this point in their career people are gonna turn a deaf ear to AC/DC cause they sold their albums through Wal-Mart. Please. Sorry Bright Eyes but that post sounds like a  dellusional Axl fan who's unable to comprehend the reality of the situtaion and  instead digs up the most ridiculous excuses to justify what's happening in regards to CD's commercial success. Gn'R regaining  cred cause they didn't suck Wal-Mart's dick?  Oh MY FUYCKING GOD!. Now I've heard it all.

You said it yourself. At some point it's gonna be judged on the music alone. It's painfully ovbious far too many on this site will be far too stuborn to admit the music failed in the eyes of the public. For some of you maybe most it'll always be an endless line of excuses. Everything but the music will be blamed for CD's failure. And it'll always be 99% of people who dont' like it have never heard it and are just mindles dipshits roll. Fucking unbelievable. If this was happening to any other band right now it'd be an issue of the quality of music but in Gn'R la la land it's a fucking conspiracy or some shit.  roll WAKE UP!

Board footer