You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: LARS ULRICH Holding Up Release of GNR 'Better' Video?

James wrote:
madagas wrote:

Downliner, I hope you are kidding because that "free" NIN album pretty much sucked. Even With Teeth is only a Gold record in the US. Chinese will be Gold within two months of release-although that doesn't really mean anything. But, for all Trent's alleged genius and "marketing" ability, he hasn't really sold that many records since The Fragile.

Trent is on the front line of the changing musical landscape. He might not sell a trillion records, but at least he has his finger on the pulse of the music scene and reacts accordingly. Had Chinese Democracy been released a few years ago, it would have benefited greatly from ideas similar to Trent's.

Like downliner mentioned, Axl apparently had something up his sleeve that never came to fruition, although that's just par for the course.

I don't think we'll see a video for Better. That ship has sailed. They should have a 3rd single idling on the launch pad.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Trent is a visionary when it comes to business imo. But I still think the music industry is about 10 years, or more, behind when it comes to his ideas, mainly that limited edition release.

Sky Dog wrote:

oh please....business is about making money, and I 'll stack Axl's bank account up against Trent's any day of the week.

PS for the record, I am not talking about talent as an artist or about artistic integrity. I am simply stating that Axl has been more financially successful to date than Trent has.

Dadud
 Rep: 14 

Dadud wrote:

I agree, The Slip sucked, the only good songs were Echoplex and Disipline.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

It really makes you wonder don't it?

We heard right from the man's mouth that the Better video was to be released weeks ago...not even he knows what's going on...

Sky Dog wrote:

been an issue now for about 18 years or so.....:laugh:

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

maybe he knows everything and just sees there is no point in releasing one with this much interest..  If "Better" couldnt grab some fkin attention, what will?  Im hoping CITR or TWAT will somehow end up being pushed out there for all to hear but still not buying..
you watch, the dosey bstad will put Prostitute out

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

what I can't understand is, how some of that shit is ahead of GNR on the charts.

I don't think CD is an amazing album, but Damn it is better than the shit in front of it.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
D-Machine wrote:

what I can't understand is, how some of that shit is ahead of GNR on the charts.

I don't think CD is an amazing album, but Damn it is better than the shit in front of it.

It's not cool to like GNR. It's cool to hate them. Part of it is groupthink.

Bright Eyes 2005
 Rep: 27 

Well Better and Chinese Democracy had increased spins on the Mainstream Rock Chart.  Better moved up to #15 from #18, and CD held firm at #8.  In the drop down window, select "Mainstream Rock".

http://www.fmqb.com/Article.asp?id=253077

Board footer