You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: LARS ULRICH Holding Up Release of GNR 'Better' Video?

misterID wrote:

I think it comes down to the fact that the people around Axl do shit half ass. Just like the last 8 years. So its kind of fitting it comes from Fernando and he uses the "we are waiting for him to sign the papers..." line.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

The only reason I wouldn't completely brush this off as false and just an excuse for delays or a cheap publicity stunt is Fernando made comments about Lars MONTHS ago.  Something to the effect, that we hadn't seen the last of him and GNR.  People speculated that meant that Metallica and GNR were gonna team up for a tour.  It's possible, the concept of incorporating Lars in the video was part of the plan back then. 

The question of why Lars needs to be in the video is another thing entirely.  I don't necessarily think it's a bad idea, but if that was the plan you think you'd run that by Lars and clear that with him first.  Then again, this is GNR, how quickly we forget.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Also, James Hetfield is known for not allowing anyone in Metallica to participate in non Metallica projects. Even Lars believes in that mantra(or he used to). They were willing to lose a member over it. Not sure why there would be an asterisk next to that rule because its GNR.

Like sic said, this is pretty much just an attempt at getting attention. What they don't seem to realize is its only a few thousand at these fan forums that give a shit. The rest of the world doesn't care. The only time they'll attempt to care is when a video is released. They don't care about excuses leading up to release.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Yeah, well if all this is true hopefully it can be resolved quickly (yeah right).  I mean if Lars doesn't want to be in it, a simple no will do.  I can't imagine his existence will make or break the video.

justbill
 Rep: 16 

justbill wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Like sic said, this is pretty much just an attempt at getting attention. What they don't seem to realize is its only a few thousand at these fan forums that give a shit. The rest of the world doesn't care. The only time they'll attempt to care is when a video is released. They don't care about excuses leading up to release.

Well, that's true... 22

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

So the single featuring the 2002 lineup is officially released in 2008 with a video to follow in 2009 using tour footage from 2006?

Fuck yeh 9

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
downliner wrote:

So the single featuring the 2002 lineup is officially released in 2008 with a video to follow in 2009 using tour footage from 2006?

Fuck yeh 9

To be fair- Frank did redo the drums on CD (the song). 16

It's apparent that GNR don't like time-tables.  16

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
downliner wrote:

Fuck yeh 9

Bwhahahaha 14 Karma

Guns N' Fuckin' Roses 2009! YEAH! 9

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

Another year, another bad excuse.  At some point, would it kill these guys to be ahead of the curve for once?  You have an album scheduled for release in November; you start editing/producing said video which consists primarily of live shot in say September or October.  So when issues--legal or otherwise--flare up you can deal with them earlier and it won't wreck the entire promotional strategy. You'd think with the stuff that has gone on with the release of this album they would have some sort of contngency/backup plan.  Anyway first time posting on ANY Gnr website, I prefer this one because there are a diverse range of opinions that can be expressed freely.

Board footer