You are not logged in. Please register or login.

war
 Rep: 108 

Re: Who should be GNR's next lead guitarist? (If needed)

war wrote:

paul gilbert is fast - i'll give him that

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HC60XNiS … re=related

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:

zakk or bucket... anyone else would be a waste of time...
john 5 is a great guitar player... but come on... he's a career solo/ hired gun guy...
same with friedman.. plus the megadeth questions would be endless...
slash, vai, gilbert.. would NEVER happen..
zakk at least has a history with the band (albeit a brief one) and plays like slash.. but 20 times faster... he's much more than "ozzy's guitarist" these days and is brilliant... you know...when he actually takes a little time to think things through before cutting the shit to tape. he plays a TON of different styles...don't let the last few black label records fool you.. listen to the P&G record, book of shadows and the first BLS album ( sonic brew).... if axl could turn over a new leaf and be fucking punctual... they would get along great...

bucket...
[youtube]S7l3L6Ikb9M&eurl=http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?pid=103177&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]
...nuff said (thanks again, Mr. Lofton):buckethead:

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Your video don't work Tyler.

And I think the hangup with Zakk is he'd get pretty fed up with Axl's bullshit, quick. And unlike Slash, Zakk wouldn't hesistate to get in his face...

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

And I think the hangup with Zakk is he'd get pretty fed up with Axl's bullshit, quick. And unlike Slash, Zakk wouldn't hesistate to get in his face...

hmmm.. it works for me... weird.

but maybe that's what axl needs.. a guy like zakk that ain't afraid to say "ENOUGH"... but yeah.. yer right... that would last a fucking week...

edit...
and for those of y'all that couldn't see the vid..

http://bandonox.blogspot.com/2009/01/bu … brain.html

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

My personal thought would be to let NuGNR die as far as this perceived image of them being "a band".  To bring yet another guitarist in again - yawn.

If he wants to write more music, I say knock himself out - get 100 different guitarists to write guitar licks for him.  He can then pick the stuff that he likes the best and cut and paste it into his next solo project.

But as far as hiring someone else again just to try and hold this version of GN'R out as being a band - don't waste your time, the revolving door of band members has spun for too long.  I think there is only one person left he can call in order to sell to the public the concept of GNR actually being a band again.  BUT from my read that ain't ever happening.

But, the problem for Axl is that the money these days is made from touring not album sales.  So you come back to the same problem of how are you going to sell the concept of GN'R being a band to the public when there is yet more lineup changes with new guys, playing the old guys (in some cases the old old old guys stuff).

It's kind of ironic, Axl wanted to control everything and he basically got what he wanted.  From an artistic point of view he has done whatever he has wanted with no compromising with other band members.  But this is a double edged sword, in the process of achieving this he has bascially destroyed all marketability of the other guys in regards to the concept of GNR actually being "a band".

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
tylerdurden wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

hmmm.. it works for me... weird.

but maybe that's what axl needs.. a guy like zakk that ain't afraid to say "ENOUGH"... but yeah.. yer right... that would last a fucking week...

edit...
and for those of y'all that couldn't see the vid..

http://bandonox.blogspot.com/2009/01/bu … brain.html

Hehehe, yeah, that's what Matt Sorum also thought. Axl just needs someone to whip him into shape, get in his face, and tell him to cut the bullshit out, and get the fuck on stage, lmao.

If anything that just makes the situation worse with Axl. He seems to be a man that will slit his own wrists, if it means having his way

Zakk Wylde cocking that kind of attitude would only end badly. Either Zakk would get very very fucked up, or more likely, we'd be mourning of Axl's death, by guitar-impalement.

Aussie wrote:

My personal thought would be to let NuGNR die as far as this perceived image of them being "a band".  To bring yet another guitarist in again - yawn.

If he wants to write more music, I say knock himself out - get 100 different guitarists to write guitar licks for him.  He can then pick the stuff that he likes the best and cut and paste it into his next solo project.

But as far as hiring someone else again just to try and hold this version of GN'R out as being a band - don't waste your time, the revolving door of band members has spun for too long.  I think there is only one person left he can call in order to sell to the public the concept of GNR actually being a band again.  BUT from my read that ain't ever happening.

But, the problem for Axl is that the money these days is made from touring not album sales.  So you come back to the same problem of how are you going to sell the concept of GN'R being a band to the public when there is yet more lineup changes with new guys, playing the old guys (in some cases the old old old guys stuff).

It's kind of ironic, Axl wanted to control everything and he basically got what he wanted.  From an artistic point of view he has done whatever he has wanted with no compromising with other band members.  But this is a double edged sword, in the process of achieving this he has bascially destroyed all marketability of the other guys in regards to the concept of GNR actually being "a band".

Kind of a weird end game to this all, isn't it? hmm

And I totally agree with you Aussie. Going and getting ANOTHER new guitarist would just be utterly pathetic, and continue to prove that there's no chance for new Guns whatsoever. Even a Bucket/Robin return would still probably go over weak, despite Bucket's ability.

Regardless of new Guns future, the only way to redeem the fan base's belief in "the band" would be a reunion. We all know that.

And by the way, props on the Marissa Miller pic.

GNRBABY
 Rep: 4 

GNRBABY wrote:

Robin will be back girls, don't worry ;-)

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Kim Thayil would be a legit option at this point. Axl is a fan, and Soundgarden opened for GNR several times. There was never any bad blood between the two bands. Thayil would be the band's 'Jack of all trades'. He could easily play the Finck/Slash material, and when Bumble starts to stumble, you let Thayil take over on Bucket mop up duty.

Unfortunately Thayil never really cemented himself in the annals of guitar gods, but he can most certainly play any of the material he would be asked to play.

The sad thing is, he probably wouldn't even join. Axl would have to give him carte blanche, and there's no way in hell that Thayil would be second or third fiddle to Bumble and Fortus. He would consider them 'beneath him', and I would agree. Thayil would also want to contribute from a writing standpoint on the next record, and that record would have to be released in a semi sane time frame or he'd walk.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Vernon Reid.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

I totally understand the need for this type of topic but seriously talk about a band haveing a Menudo complex. Gn'R suck now for this very reason.

Board footer