You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Re: How many would you attend?

Will wrote:

If GNR were to play the following four nights of live shows in your area, how many and which shows would you attend?

Night #1: Appetite For Destruction (b2b)
Night #2: Use Your Illusion 1 (b2b)
Night #3: Use Your Illusion 2 (b2b)
Night #4: Chinese Democracy (b2b)

b2b is back-to-back ... every song played in the same order as on the album.

I'm ashamed to say I would probably attend three of the shows, if not all four tongue Appetite is the only one I would question attending.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

hard to feel guilty about that though

most of us have already been to several appetite heavy shows from the 80's to 2006

a uyi show would feel a bit fresh but cd show would be almost completely new.

plus axl is unable to get into the older material like he does the newer material even though that's old now too 16

i'd probably do the cd one only

possibly uy1 if i went twice

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

If money was not a problem, I'd go to all four.  If money was a factor, probably just the UYI and CD shows.  Appetite is a great album, but I'm a UYI man.

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:

i'd see all four. if i managed to get tickets. i've only seen the band once so anything they play would be fine with me.

and i couldn't pick between albums because it would be awesome to see breakdown, locomotive, coma... 11

and where's the lies & spaghetti shows? no love, i tell you, no love at all 16

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

UYI I performed in its entirety with Izzy onstage for Dust N Bones and DTJ. Throw in 14 Years for good measure sine he's there. Any lineup acceptable I suppose, but would prefer the 2001-02 lineup, or something resembling it.

Bucket would kill on a DTJ outro....

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

All four.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

All four, and here's the reason.

I originally would've said, just UYI1, UYI2 & CD. I don't have ANY interest in an AFD show.

BUT... if you're gonna go to 3/4... might as well be a completist, and go to all four.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

I'd see CD. This is a new band. Playing AFD is for the general dorks in the audience screaming for Sweet Child. Not me. It's to please them. If they wanna please me they focus on the present.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

Depends on who play the show and how much it costs. If it's this incarnation of GN'R, then I'd go to the CD show only. If the tickets are cheap enough.

ereeper
 Rep: 14 

ereeper wrote:

Board footer