You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Revamped "Behind The Music" To Feature Axl?

AtariLegend wrote:

Lil Wayne, Kanye West Lined Up for Revamped 'Behind the Music'

Two renown rappers will up the ante for the return of VH1's "Behind the Music" that ceased from airing back in 2006. Executives for the music channel announced yesterday that the semi-documentary program will come back for a second round and it turns out that they have had a line of names that focus more on the current than the veterans.

In separate episodes, Lil Wayne and Kanye West will be featured in a bid to have more contemporary artists who are "on top of their game". Executive Vice President of the show, Rick Krim explained on the changing of the format, "We had to rethink a little bit and look at these current artists that are really big stars now, and maybe it isn't the classic rise and fall. ...And also, just because their big stars now doesn't mean they necessarily have a great 'Behind the Music' kind of story."

Signed for the first two episodes are Lil Wayne and Scott Weiland respectively. "From our research, (Lil Wayne) certainly does," Krim reasoned on the choice. "From the fact that when he was a kid he accidentally shot himself and almost died at age 12 while playing with a gun, he went through Katrina, he has (a possible stint in) jail pending. He has all the requisite drama in his life, which I think ultimately makes for the great story. The fact that he's one of the biggest stars out there makes it the right combination that we're looking for."

The show is slated to arrive in July although Lil Wayne's date is not yet revealed. VH1 also mentioned other names such as Britney Spears, Axl Rose, Julio Iglesias, M.I.A., Coldplay, Radiohead and Depeche Mode.

Source: http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00022912.html

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

M.I.A.

9 That's going to be incredible. It'll be amazing for whatever pro shot live footage they have.

AtariLegend wrote:

^ Gee, that's it, I was at least expecting;

"CHINESE DEMOCRACY PART II STARTS NOW...!"

I suppose if we get to see this, it will be a re-edited version of the old Slash-sided "Behind The Music" (that didn't feature Duff or Izzy either).

The one that told us "Chinese Democracy" was coming November 2004...:P

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Actually they mentioned AXL ROSE.

I don't think it's a GN'R BTM.

I think it's something that'll solely focuse on Axl by himself.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

It wouldn't be a re-made GNR one, it would be about Axl.

They're doing the same with Scott Weiland as well.  Of course that will be all about addiction and rehab. 16

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I wonder who will else will be on it, if its Beta and Co talking about Slash I dont think I'll bother tuning in.

I hope its more about the making of CD, speaking to the people who worked on it over the years and Axls hopes and aspirations.
If he wants to dish some dirt I would love to hear about the aborted tours, riots and the constant obsticles that prevent the normal functioning of the band.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I'm sure Beta & Del will apart of it. You'd probably also get stuff Baz, Dizzy & Ron at least.

On a really special occasion, you might see Izzy, and possibly others tracing all the way back to his childhood.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

well did axl tell them before that he wasnt interested in BTM until after CD was out?...that gnr one definately needs an update

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Something like that. From my memory, it was that he was willing to participate, but he wanted to do it on his time table, and VH1 was like "we're going forward with it, regardless of your participation".

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

I'd love to see something like that with Axl's participation. It would be so un-Axl-like that it would be must see tv.

Board footer