You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: The Official "DJ Ashba" Web Page

AtariLegend wrote:

http://www.djashba.com/home.html

Click on the Guns N' Roses section.

Minus the archived-press releases, it actually might be superior to the official "Gn'R" page, it also plays "Chinese Democracy" and "Welcome To The Jungle".

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Yeah he (or whoever runs that) should definitely take over GNR's webpage.  I noticed yesterday that all comments on his message board were positive save for one.  But hours later, that comment and others referencing it were deleted.  So for the most part, his fans are excited, or at least happy for him.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:

Wow. Looking at that then looking at the gnr site...

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

It even has a list of who is in the band.  Takes this guy what, a weekend to get that GNR section up and it's way better than the official GNR page.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Of course its gonna look great. He's some sort of web designer as well. It would be like Axl asking downliner to join GNR. downliner would have the official GNR site kicking ass quicker than Mama Cass can choke on a ham sandwich.

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:

DJ Ashba seems to be a very well conceived of Brand. There is a lot of branding goin on on that site. It's a site fit for the likes of a U2 or Metallica. Its very well done and it
elevates DJ to a symbol (kinda like Batman smile).

Perfectly put together I have been going there since I got the SIXX A.M. album last July and although some sections promise more content than they deliver it is still a beautifully symmetrical site.

I am delighted they picked Ashba. HE was the guy I have been hoping for since robin went back to NIN, but I never thought it would actually happen

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

I like this dude. I think it is a trade up from Robin. Hope it all works out.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

He's some sort of web designer as well. It would be like Axl asking downliner to join GNR. downliner would have the official GNR site kicking ass quicker than Mama Cass can choke on a ham sandwich.

... I think you mean elmir/dreamline tongue

I like Ashbas site, found it a little difficult to navigate but the intro was pretty cool I gotta say.

Re: GNR's official site I'm in two minds about it. Okay so its lacking in content to say the least, the "coming soon" online shop is a no-go, the lack of updates for months on end was frustrating, and when the updates came they were beyond frustrating (i.e From the side of the stage article); however I can't say I blame Axl in the slightest.

He obviously has a knowledge of using the net and understands the advantages and disadvantages that come with having his own official site. I can think of quite a number of disadvantages, most of which he circumvents by going through fansites.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah that setup is pretty sweet. Puts GNR's official page to shame.

Board footer