You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: i'm back

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah Mogg files or Ogg files, need a program like Audacity to get them to work, and break the tracks up seperately.

You can then isolate the files for whatever you want, such as vocals-only, or instrumentals, drop sections out, etc.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I see you got your message board back online. I remember that getting knocked offline during the initial CD leak. Was terrible how you got spammed by a massive gang of trolls. I used to post there a bit but the wave of dipshits prevented anything resembling intelligent discussion.

I remember you sending me one of your songs a couple years ago. Don't remember what it was though. Too many years and drugs have passed since then. I'm on my snail connection at the moment but will download this new song of yours tomorrow.

yeah my message board is still going strong after 11 years . . . makes me feel old!

what did you post as?

let me know what you think of the new song. i posted the lyrics on my message board if you want to check them out.

hope to have more GNR info soon guys. first i gotta wait for the hoarders to come to me. may take longer than i'd hoped for word to spread that my contacts @ EA have finally paid off . . .

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

As always, MSL is the most interesting thing going on in the GNR world. 16

Good to see you back, dude.

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:
mister saint laurent wrote:

let me know what you think of the new song. i posted the lyrics on my message board if you want to check them out.

Hey, how did your record this? I think the song has potential, though I do feel it lacks a more catchy chorus to really catch me by the balls. I like the moody, dark atmosphere it has. Some parts of the melody are pretty cool, in a Nirvana-esque sort of way, but the song structure doesn't strike me as particularly interesting yet.

But, and forgive me if I'm expecting too much but I'm just really into this whole recording thing, I reckon there's a couple of very easy, straight forward ways you can improve on this recording.

First of all, are you recording everything at once? If so, then don't. It'll free you up to make the guitar part slightly more interesting, even a slight change in your strumming pattern once i a while would liven it up a little. Use a nice and free DAW program to do some real multitracking (if you're on Mac or Linux you can use ardour http://www.ardour.org , or if your on Windows or Mac, you can use Reaper or EnergyXT (use google, too lazy to find the links for ya tongue) ).

Don't record an accoustic guitar through the piezo pick-up, like it sound's like you've done now - the guitar sounds awful smile. The vocal mic you're using sounds like a smooth and mellow dynamic mic so I reckon it'll sound sweet if you record the guitar using the mic instead of the pup. Just point the thing towards the twelfth fret (a bit more to the left for a harsher sound, more towards the right for a deeper, heavier sound) at a distance of about 8 to 12 inches.

I like your voice, but it takes a few bars before you sound "warmed up" and confident enough.

Cheers!

gavgnr
 Rep: 4 

gavgnr wrote:

There's no denying that I am excited at the prospect of getting the masters and having a muck about with them.

But I have to ask myself if I had an unreleased track or two form the CD era, would I really trade it for the masters of an album that's been available in at least leak form for a few years?

I'm not sure. With that said MSL I wish you luck.

You always seem to kick some life into a stagnating gnr world and for the first time in months today I got that buzz that I had during previous rounds of leaks.

the mole -

i record my demos on a very old and cheap 4 track recorder. i agree with you that the song has its moments, but never really goes anywhere. i always envisioned it as being a somber (and somewhat pointless) end to a record and tried to structure it as a metaphor for life itself.

i don't know much about recording (or even playing!), but i'm eager to learn, so your post is EXTREMELY appreciated.

i did one take of the guitar, one take of the vocals / maraca (which were recorded at the same time), and two takes of the keyboard, which ultimately barely ended up in the mix.

what is DAW?

what is a piezo pick-up?

thank you for the tips on how to mic the acoustic. i will try that next time for sure.

good call on the lack of confidence on the first few bars. i hear that now as well.

thanks again for the feedback. REALLY appreciated. it's hard to get people to honestly critique your work and honest criticism is the only way to learn.

[mister]

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:
mister saint laurent wrote:

the mole -

i record my demos on a very old and cheap 4 track recorder. i agree with you that the song has its moments, but never really goes anywhere. i always envisioned it as being a somber (and somewhat pointless) end to a record and tried to structure it as a metaphor for life itself.

i don't know much about recording (or even playing!), but i'm eager to learn, so your post is EXTREMELY appreciated.

i did one take of the guitar, one take of the vocals / maraca (which were recorded at the same time), and two takes of the keyboard, which ultimately barely ended up in the mix.

what is DAW?

what is a piezo pick-up?

thank you for the tips on how to mic the acoustic. i will try that next time for sure.

good call on the lack of confidence on the first few bars. i hear that now as well.

thanks again for the feedback. REALLY appreciated. it's hard to get people to honestly critique your work and honest criticism is the only way to learn.

[mister]

Ain't that the truth

chicken_dinner
 Rep: 19 

its ironic how you call the others hoarders after you claimed you have the multitracks, but first want us to listen to your rather lame song with equally lame talent and tickle your balls until you maybe throw us a bone after you have enough hits on your site?

is it nice? getting a fake form of recognition?

post them or gtfo :B

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
chicken_dinner wrote:

its ironic how you call the others hoarders after you claimed you have the multitracks, but first want us to listen to your rather lame song with equally lame talent and tickle your balls until you maybe throw us a bone after you have enough hits on your site?

is it nice? getting a fake form of recognition?

post them or gtfo :B

MSL got us the 2007 leaks and the Shackler's Revenge leak by getting tradeable stuff and hoarding it to make a new trade and then releasing all of it.

Board footer